1. Welcome to FilmSchool.org! FilmSchool.org is a community for people interested in going to film school. We have Film School Reviews and Film School Forums where you can get advice on your application, portfolio, and so much more. Please create an account and post your question on our forums so our community can get you the answers you are looking for.
    Dismiss Notice

any advice about lesser known UC/CSU film schools? UCSC vs. CSUN vs. CSUMB vs. HSU

Discussion in 'Film School Search & Selection' started by Tasja, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Tasja

Expand Collapse

Sep 2, 2012
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

I've been a longtime lurker here, but this will be my first post. I am looking to transfer to a UC/CSU film program from a CCC. I'm a dual citizen, have blotchy complicated foreign academic records, am about to turn 30, and female. I already know that UCLA and USC are the best out there, but given my stats I'm aiming (a lot) lower.

The programs I am interested in I have barely seen being discussed on this site, but I'm hoping there are people around who could provide some insight into the programs I am looking at, and how they compare or are perceived in the workforce or by grad schools.

Since I am quite a bit older than the average BA student, it would also be nice to not feel completely isolated from the rest of the student body, so I am also wondering how many non-traditional students can be found in these programs/schools or how accepting the younger ones are of older students).

I live down the street from CSUN, so that would be the most practical choice, but truth be told, I would love to move elsewhere. I have lived in cities my whole life, but am a scuba diving, horseback riding, redwood tree-hugger at heart. Any advice for someone like me?

I am currently hoping I can get into UCSC, while getting denied by CSUN, so I can use that excuse to leave LA [​IMG]
    California State University - Monterey Bay (CSUMB) and Humboldt State University (HSU) are my fallback plans if UCSC and CSUN don't accept me. So I'm essentially weighing the following choices:

A) UCSC: BA Film and Digital Media
    CSUN : BA Cinema and Television Arts - Multimedia option

B) CSUMB : BA Teledramatic Arts and Technology
    HSU : BA Theater and Film - Film Production with a minor in Scientifc Diving
Draft saved Draft deleted