1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered. (It's free!)

Columbia Screebwriting/Directing Interview FALL 2017

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by Aliza Brugger, Feb 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Aliza Brugger

Aliza Brugger New Member

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hey all-

I thought it would be helpful to create threads revolving around the interviews coming up. I plan to share my interview experience with AFI, NYU and Columbia, but I wanted to get this thread up here for people who might have interviews earlier and want to share their experience in each of the interviews. Hope this will be helpful!

• Like Like x 3
  2. cyy

cyy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone interviewed at Columbia for Screenwriting/Directing and if so, could you please tell us who interviewed you? Thank you!

3. Juli Jackson

Juli Jackson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I interview at Columbia tomorrow and am NERVOUS! Love to hear about your experiences.

4. mr.wanderer

mr.wanderer New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hello, all. I interviewed last week, over Skype. I'll admit I was a little nervous (three rejections, and two to go — ha!), but the interview was very easy-going, and more like a conversation. They asked about how I have remained creative, and also about some elements in my autobiographical essay. A particular question was about my writing process. They seemed especially interested in my first 10 pages submission, and we talked in some detail about that, and what interests I have as a writer. I was a bit surprised by how much they wanted to know *about* me, and not just necessarily what they wanted to know *from* me, if that makes sense. Overall, I felt very good about the interview. I wish you and everyone else the best of luck going forward.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Juli Jackson

Juli Jackson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so much for the insight! It's a relief to hear positive things from those who have gone through it! Wish I had found this site months ago. I have apparently been living in a film school bubble.