As a Lifetime Supporting Member it is possible to have your own blog on FilmSchool.org. You can use your blog to write about the process of applying to film school, filmmaking, and attending film school once you are accepted. It is very easy to create your own blog on the site and current film students and site members @IndecisiveElle , @Patrick Clement , and @mm70 have done just that:
Adventures, accomplishments and frequent failures of a former Assistant Director, current educator, and screenwriter.
columbia university, los angeles valley college, university of kansas, film, directing, screenwriting, screenplay, grad school, film school, film, movie, short film
Goings on at the Department of Dramatic Writing
Creating your blog is easy.
- Go to the Blog page on the site.
- Click the green Create Blog button on the top right.
A blog is where all your Blog Entries (or posts) will be created. See the other member's blog pages here. Create a personal and unique title for your blog and a description for what your blog will be about. Your journey applying to film school or your experience while at film school... etc... etc... This blog page is NOT a blog post. This page that you create is ONLY for the description of what your blog is an a placeholder and a home for all of your blog entries or posts. All images uploaded MUST BE YOUR OWN or be stock images that you own the rights to.
- Once you've created your blog simply click the green Create Blog Entry button to write your first blog entry or post. Again all images uploaded MUST BE YOUR OWN or be stock images that you own the rights to.
For example here is @Patrick Clement 's blog post:
Scrolling past all of my classmates successes on FB (and mostly being OK with it) I came across a post asking for film school advice. 'What should I know before applying to film school?' The replies spanned from mundane financial issues to sour...www.filmschool.org
How I chose between NYU Dramatic Writing and AFI Screenwriting. I anguished over the thought of turning down either school. As a true cinephile, how could I consider living outside of LA? That’s where the industry is. I had to attend AFI. But...www.filmschool.org
In addition to having your own blog on FilmSchool.org Lifetime Supporting Members get the following awesome site features:
- FULL Forum Access (Private Forum Access, Custom Member Titles, Links in Signature, Unlimited Post Editing Time)
- FULL Application Tracker Access (View Application GPAs, Test Scores, Notes, Portfolios, etc....
- School Badges and Private Film School forum access
- FORUM KEYWORD ALERT - Be instantly notified if someone posts a thread with keywords you choose such as "afi" or "usc screenwriting".
All donations are a one time amount and you are NOT signing up for a subscription service where you will be charged multiple times. Because that's not cool.
FilmSchool.org is now providing a completely banner AD FREE experience so we rely on user support to run the site. Your donations are immensely appreciated!