AFDA offers students studying abroad a unique, affordable and educational opportunity to discover Southern Africa and its diverse population, world renowned heritage sites, cosmopolitan cities and specialist higher education. AFDA International students currently comprise 10 – 20% of the total student population and enjoy the benefits of malaria-free campus locations in terms of world-class facilities, Southern Africa’s natural beauty and wildlife, favourable exchange rates as well as our historical reflections. AFDA campuses are located in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth and Botswana.
Regarding the above picture:
10 Good reasons to study at the Cape Town campus:
- AFDA Cape Town is situated in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. [Voted by NY Times as the Number 7 destination to visit]
- Cape Town offers an incredible lifestyle with its beaches, mountains, nature reserves, golf courses, trails and first world infrastructure. [3 world heritage sites]
- Cape Town has a strong art, design, music and fashion scene. [Design capital of the world 2014]
- Cape Town is a preferred international destination for feature film, television series and commercial production. [Safe House, Dominion, Homeland, Judge Dredd and others]
- AFDA Cape Town graduates have contributed significantly to the growth of local feature films & commercials [Windpomp, Pad Na Jou Hart, Hollywood in my Huis]
- AFDA Cape Town has a diverse student body. Up to 20% of the student body is made up of international students.
- Excellent value for money - The South African exchange rate favors most international students.
- AFDA Cape Town has some of the top lecturers in the country and utilizes the exact curriculum and learning systems that has proved to be highly successful at its JHB campus.
- AFDA Cape Town facilities and equipment have year for year parity with Johannesburg campus.
- People create industries - Industries do not create people.
Please feel free to visit www.afda.co.za for more information.
Thank you for reading.
The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered.
Did you go to film school for undergrad? Please review the school on our Film School review system. (You can review anonymously)Dismiss Notice
Have you applied to a film school? Add your application to the Application Tracking Sheet so you can compare with your peers and track progress.Dismiss Notice