- Application Deadline
November 30, 2017: Directing
January 2, 2018: Screenwriting
February 1, 2018: Cinematography, Editing, Producing, Production Design
The AFI Conservatory's program is highly structured, involving continuous production work during which Fellows experience both the creative and physical collaborative process. During the course of two years, Fellows team with classmates to write, produce, design, direct, shoot and edit four to 10 films — adding up to 120 short narratives produced at the AFI Conservatory each year.
- School URL
- GRE Required?
- Portfolio Required?
- Notification of Decision
April 2, 2018: Directing, Screenwriting
May 1, 2018: Cinematography, Editing, Producing, Production Design
- Acceptance Rate
- 37% of FilmSchool.org Members
- Average Accepted GRE
- Letters of Reference Required
- Portfolio Requirements
1) Featured Screenplay (20 pages), and
2) Write a Scene (5 pages), plus a synopsis on a given topic
- Class Size
- Enrollment is limited to 140 Fellows — 28 Cinematographers, 28 Directors, 14 Editors, 28 Producers, 14 Production Designers and 28 Screenwriters.
- Internship Opportunities
- Yes (possible)