- Application Deadline
- January 15
- FilmSchool.org Acceptance Rate
- 68.75% (11 out of 16 applications)
- Lowest Reported Minimum GPA
- Earliest Interview Notification Date
- February 9
- Earliest Interview Date
- March 2
- Earliest Decision Date
- March 8
As a candidate in the Cinema Directing, MFA program, you'll learn to craft character-driven narratives, work with producers, and create diverse and authentic films grounded in the human experience. You’ll take on intensive study in writing and, throughout the program, direct your own scripts as well as those written by other directors. Over the course of the program, you'll work closely with a Creative Producing student to develop two major films: one that is director-driven and one that is producer-driven. You'll have creative control over some films, and you'll learn work-for-hire on others. Having experience in both the independent film model and the industry model will make you better equipped to make an impact in the field no matter which path you choose upon graduation.
- School URL
- GRE Required?
- Letters of Reference Req.
- Portfolio Required?
- Portfolio Requirements
1) Self-Assessment Essay,
2) Creative Portfolio,
3) Visualization Project (8-12 frames),
4) Case Study Exercise (500 words),
5) Short Film Thesis Statement (250 words),
6) Written Thesis Statement (250-500 words), and