- Really strong alumni network.
- Reputation and Prestige (World renowned).
- Opportunities to pitch to studio executives.
- Job opportunities/internships other than DP or directing in Hollywood.
- Surrounded by faculty who currently work in Hollywood.
- Student assistantships with hourly pay with sign on bonus of up to 5k.
- Scholarship opportunities for students who get their 1st or 2nd year films into good film festivals.
Bottom line: Tons of opportunities to work in Hollywood but may be not as a DP or a Director (Unless you're a Ryan Coogler ).
- Tuition fee: ~40k/annum ( total cost for 3 years might extend up to 200k because of self-funded films).
- Self-funded films except for 546 course (top 10 students of 60). Thesis is also self-funded.
- Can make only one top tier film festival worth movie in 546 course as a director (Unless you self-fund the films you make in intermediate directing, directing techniques, advanced directing or making media for social change courses).
- International students should be prepared to go back if they do not get their movies into top tier film festivals (which makes you eligible for O1 visa : click here for more details).
- No high end equipment for directing courses other than thesis or a 546.
The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered.
Did you go to film school for undergrad? Please review the school on our Film School review system. (You can review anonymously)Dismiss Notice
USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
MFA students learn in the most state of the art facilities rivaling the most advanced production companies in the world. You'll hone your talent...
Film School Details
Is this your Film School?
Own or manage this Film School? Register now and Claim your Film School for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.