Hi all, long time commenter/lurker and first time poster here.
I find myself in the really fortunate and unexpected position of having been admitted to both USC and AFI for Fall 2021 and I’m in the process of figuring out which one to commit to. Since I am always bowled over by the insights and...
- submitted 10 minutes of my short film - magical realism/drama.
- Submitted a silent comedy about a runaway bride being dragged back to her wedding for the "Confrontation" themed video project. Production value was very low - it was silly and fun
- went into detail about my non-film experiences...
The interview was rather casual! The questions came up based on what I spoke about for the most part. You meet with two faculty from your discipline for about 30 minutes. Questions I was asked are listed below:
-Where am I (location)
-What kind of stories do I want to tell at AFI?
Since this was my first year applying, I'm a bit nervous. I would say the hardest part was the Narrative Statement as I don't like talking about myself, but it's crucial for the interviewees to get a sense of your personality and who you are as a filmmaker. I reached out to previous applicants...
As far as application details / materials are concerned, the following documents were part of submission:
- A Personal Statement
- Portfolio of a few works done till date
- A Photography Portfolio ( Optional)
- Link to a project that you have worked on, in any capacity (DoP / Director /...
London Film School - MA Filmmaking
Oct 15, 2020
Interview Notification Date
Nov 22, 2020
Nov 25, 2020
Decision Notification Date
Dec 15, 2020
Become a Supporting Member
to see the GPAs, SAT scores, GRE scores, portfolios, etc...
that were submitted with this application. (If provided by applicant)
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs,
Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance
Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted
applicants, Age data, and other
acceptance statistics for your film program of choice
simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film
school's page in our
Film School Database.