Hi! So my department isn’t too into the production side of things until our 2nd year so I can’t fully speak to the production element. I do know that there are projects set to shoot in January. Crews are a lot smaller and projects had to be shorter but films are being made!Hi! I'm curious how you guys are managing COVID. Like, how do you make films during your semester? Are you allowed to do meet-ups with other students?
Hi!Hey thanks for doing this. A few questions:
1. I applied to the MFA Screenwriting program; however, I also want to write original pilots and TV specs. Was curious to see if you had any MFA Screenwriting students in any of your writing classes. Or are the programs completely separate from one another?
2. Was there anything that came as a surprise going into your first semester (ie: workload, time management, etc.)?
3. What are some of the challenges you've experienced so far other than classes being held via Zoom?
4. Overall, how are your cohorts?
Since I’m just finishing up my first semester, no one in my cohort has done an internship yet...that I know off. I do know that a lot of companies are offering remote internships so there are options out thereWhat kind of internships do people do? How has that been affected by the pandemic?
I’m happy to help, especially a fellow Titan!Thanks for answering my questions above. Just a few more if you don't mind.
1. I saw that Chapman hired a few part-time lecturers with great credits and accomplishments. Have you had a chance to take any classes with these PT lecturers?
2. Did you have a chance to participate in the Filmmaker-in-Residence program?
3. Can you talk about Chapman's fellowships? I know the website mentions it's only awarded to a select number of students each year. I'm assuming most students have to take out massive loans?
4. How often do you have one-on-one meetings with your professors?
Also, I'm a fellow Titan myself haha. Did my undergrad at CSUF, too.