2014' Acceptance / Interviews / Rejections

That is AMAZING. Love Star Trek! Congrats again!

;-) thx...VERY short deadline...I learned a lot in a short period of time, and LMU's is one of the first and best tv pgms out there...I think there'll be more down the line, as more students recognize how tv is growing as a dramatic art form. besure and post if you hear something from LMU and best of luck!!

The WPTV program here at LMU really seems top-notch. Great professors, visiting/guest lecturers from what I've heard. It seems as though Roberto Orci (co-creator and writer on Fringe, current showrunner of Sleepy Hollow & writer/producer of many other shows and films) is pretty involved in the program and comes to campus on a semi-frequent basis.

As the programs are so small, you will get to know people in production and screenwriting as well. The WPTV folks are all awesome!

SO glad to hear that...I so want LMU...it's my top choice...even over USC and UCLA.

SO glad to hear that...I so want LMU...it's my top choice...even over USC and UCLA.

Yeah, I know multiple people in WPTV who turned down USC, UCLA, etc. for LMU...I honestly think the writing programs here are the absolute best in the country and the production program is on the rise as well. And the film school's reputation is really starting to get up there, too...as I mentioned earlier, SFTV started a partnership with The Hollywood Reporter and, starting this year, AMAZING guests are speaking on campus. We just had Alfonso Cuaron...in a few weeks we have David O. Russell...then Judd Apatow, William Friedkin, etc.

Definitely an amazing place to be and an exciting time to be here! Wish you the best of luck with everything and I hope to see you guys here next year!

Yeah, I know multiple people in WPTV who turned down USC, UCLA, etc. for LMU...I honestly think the writing programs here are the absolute best in the country and the production program is on the rise as well. And the film school's reputation is really starting to get up there, too...as I mentioned earlier, SFTV started a partnership with The Hollywood Reporter and, starting this year, AMAZING guests are speaking on campus. We just had Alfonso Cuaron...in a few weeks we have David O. Russell...then Judd Apatow, William Friedkin, etc.

Definitely an amazing place to be and an exciting time to be here! Wish you the best of luck with everything and I hope to see you guys here next year!

wow that is awesome...I had a great gut feeling about LMU after talking with Mary and emailing with Dr. Wheatley. After you applied, how long did it take before you heard anything back? My current status is "referred"...which I guess means referred to the review committee.

wow that is awesome...I had a great gut feeling about LMU after talking with Mary and emailing with Dr. Wheatley. After you applied, how long did it take before you heard anything back? My current status is "referred"...which I guess means referred to the review committee.

I believe I heard back mid- to late- February so y'all should be hearing back within the next few weeks if the admission schedule is like last year's!

Also, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I first received notice of my admission through the my.lmu.edu site before any email, etc...so keep checking that!

Wait a spec scrip for LMU? or just in general? (i'm also applying for writing and producing for tv? i haven't heard yet but someone on the forum found out about getting in for production? they called her but i didn't know they did that. i know someone else who is a first year there that got in around this time maybe a week or so later [manguforcheap who just posted :)])

I applied for feature screenwriting and yeah, one of the professors called me Thursday and told me that I have been accepted. My.lmu page still says referred. And he said I should be expecting my official letter in about two weeks. Hearing you guys rave about their program is making me very very excited!

I applied for feature screenwriting and yeah, one of the professors called me Thursday and told me that I have been accepted. My.lmu page still says referred. And he said I should be expecting my official letter in about two weeks. Hearing you guys rave about their program is making me very very excited!

And now I have hope that maybe this week we will hear things! Excited! Congrats again!

So far
NYU-Interview Scheduled
Columbia-Nothing yet
USC-Nothing yet
AFI-Nothing Yet
LMU-Spoke to someone in the program I am applying to
Chapman-Nothing yet
UCLA-Crickets
CalArts-Nothing yet

This is all so exciting!! Good Luck everyone!

So far
NYU-Interview Scheduled
Columbia-Nothing yet
USC-Nothing yet
AFI-Nothing Yet
LMU-Spoke to someone in the program I am applying to
Chapman-Nothing yet
UCLA-Crickets
CalArts-Nothing yet

This is all so exciting!! Good Luck everyone!

@Anon33 Congrats! It's interesting. Most applicants who got an interview from NYU did not receive any from Columbia and vice versa. Did you receive your interview Saturday? Where are you from? In my opinion those who receive email from NYU should be happier than us, just in my opinion. Best of luck!

No interview for Miami?
Are you an international student?

About a week ago, they asked me for transcripts. I thought I sent them in November, but regardless I sent again. Then about four days ago, I got a message that my transcripts were received. Then yesterday I got a phone call on my messages asking for my address. And then an email. I live abroad, although I'm American, but abroad at the moment. And then they sent me an email with the scanned letter of acceptance. I'm very happy. No interview. Although I'd be happy to talk with anyone there whom wishes to speak with me.

Like I said, no word on money, and it matters. I believe tuition is $44k and Coral Gables is not cheap. If money shakes out, likely I'll go there. But I want to not sell myself short and see if I get money from other places. So realistically, I doubt I can ever attend any school in LA or NYC. I highly doubt any give money. But I think there is realistic chance to get money at Miami. So I'm absolutely thrilled about the prospect. Still no word on that.

Because of the timing, I just feel like someone looked at my application and thought, wow, we need this person at our school. So I feel very honored, very much so. But of course, I hope this means good news on scholarship or otherwise. Just hoping for more good news.

Yes got both my interviews for Columbia director/screenwriter and AFI! Now just waiting for AFI producer interview but the director program is the one I want to get accepted to! Yay!!

This isn't exactly film, but I applied to USC's Interactive Media program with primarily a background in screenwriting and filmmaking. I had an interview with them a few weeks back, awaiting the results now!

Anyone else here apply?

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back