2015 Interviews - Acceptances - Rejections

JakeHannaford

Hey y'all. Anyone heard from Tisch MFA (production) or know when they start sending out interview requests? Thank you!
Nothing from Tisch for me. I applied to the MFA Filmmaking program, and just got another hit on my visual sample on Saturday from them, so I guess my application is still being evaluated.

Nothing from Tisch for me. I applied to the MFA Filmmaking program, and just got another hit on my visual sample on Saturday from them, so I guess my application is still being evaluated.

How can you tell the hits are from Tisch? I've got 6 plays from US, only 2 of them are from review.slideroom , not quite sure about the rest... :/ Plus, I saw 5 loads from slideroom, do you know what does it mean...?

JakeHannaford

How can you tell the hits are from Tisch? I've got 6 plays from US, only 2 of them are from review.slideroom , not quite sure about the rest... :/ Plus, I saw 5 loads from slideroom, do you know what does it mean...?
My submission to Tisch was a Youtube link since they said they preferred that the links not be password protected (and pending film festival results, I didn't want the piece I was submitting to Tisch publicly viewable). So I chose Youtube since you can submit a private link that isn't password protected.

Anyway, on Youtube you can see what state the view is coming from. So I can see that it came from New York, and my Columbia app used a different visual sample link so that leaves NYU. I actually prefer Vimeo, but yeah, tracking hits is a little trickier with that. A load without a view may mean they were looking at other pieces of your slideroom application but not actually playing the video. That'd be my guess.

JakeHannaford

Oh and just FYI, I only have 2 hits from NYU as well, so we'd be in the same situation if your 2 hits were from NYU.

Layne Inselman

Anyone heard from Chapman? Anyone got interview for film production program?

I haven't heard from them yet either. In fact, I haven't heard from any of the schools I applied to (USC, FSU, LMU, UWM, Columbia College Chicago, or DePaul). They've all said that I shouldn't be hearing anything until well into February so I'm not too anxious yet.

A

Abbey Starr

Recieved an interview for AFI producing. Will fly out to LA. Still waiting to hear from USC AND UCLA

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Wilson

Hey guys. I applied to NYU, Howard University, and American University. Howard and American both accepted me. I know these are smaller programs so I'm really hoping to hear something from NYU regarding interviews soon. Based on threads from the past few years, interview notifications start going out on the 2nd Week of February. Last year they started going out on February 10th, the year before they went out February 11th. If the pattern remains the same, we should start hearing something this coming Monday. Good luck everyone!

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications