2015 Interviews - Acceptances - Rejections

@Sunny Great, congratulations! :D I will be thinking about LMU vs SCAD for a bit before deciding again, but I will probably end up choosing LMU. So we will probably see each other soon :) I look forward to hopefully meeting you!

Hey everyone! Is there anyone who didnt interview with UCLA that's still waiting to hear about acceptances/rejections? Also any second/third/multiple time applicants? Thanks!

As a 2nd to the question above, is there anyone who hasn't heard back from USC yet? My app status says "one or more of my applications is still under review so a decision has not yet been posted". Since its already April, i'm assuming this isn't good and they've already accepted the bulk of their screenwriting students.

Has anyone from other disciplines not heard back from them either?

Welp, accepted to Chapman, accepted to USC for the Spring (waitlisted for Fall), waitlisted for Columbia.

No financial aid package offer so far. So weird to be accepted to a top program halfway across the world, and just not be able to go because of money.

Did you get your mailed admission package from Chapman and there was no aid offer? I was told by the Financial Aid office that i'd have to wait until the official offer came through snail mail to see what they were willing to give me. So its possible you could still qualify and just don't know it.

Hi Brenda. I applied to the Screenwriting program, and luckily I didn't have to go through an interview. I don't even think screenwriting students have to interview, I think its more for the other disciplines.

Good luck to you if you're still waiting on word. I think we're all waiting for someone to give us news on something.

Hi jackflag,

Thank you for your information. I applied to the producing program, no wonder I need to go through the interview process. Chapman is my no.1 choice.

Wish everyone gets what you wants in the end.

Thank you so much! Fingers crossed that you'll be joining us! I did not have any interviews. I visited the campus a few weeks ago and met a few people, but that was it. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Just a quick update for those curious, this past week I received a phone call from UCLA accepting me into the Directing program, and a call from LMU with an acceptance into their Film and TV Production program. I also got a "no" from AFI. So I'm deciding between Columbia, UCLA, and LMU. Good luck to those waiting and congrats to all who have heard good news!

Just got a phone call this morning from FSU: I got accepted in their Writing MFA (College of Motion Picture Arts).
Honestly wasn't expecting it, since they only accept 6 people and I didn't get into any of the Cali/NY schools.

:) bubbling with joy.

Congratulations! It's a fantastic program, and Julianna is lovely to talk to :)

Hey guys,

I will be accepting my offer to join USC's film production program in the next few days and will be making the trip out there for the admitted graduates luncheon this upcoming Friday. Just wanted to reach out to see who else is planning on attending not only the program at USC but the luncheon as well. We can connect on Facebook if you'd like : https://www.facebook.com/mic.basha

-Michael

Yeah, that's what I thought... but after reading this passage I started wondering if that's one of the ways UCLA narrows down their field of applicants...
o
Yeah, that's what I thought... but after reading this passage I started wondering if that's one of the ways UCLA narrows down their field of applicants...
I don't think so.
I was accepted to UCLA and I've got class tomorrow at Ai.

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted and/or accepted their admissions!

Just an update for me, my deadline to answer FSU was April 1st, so I had to think long and hard about whether to choose LMU or FSU. I finally chose to go for LMU, and declined my offer from FSU.
Yesterday (April 1st) I was accepted to Savannah College of Art and Design, with two $4000 scholarships per year for a 2 year course.

Typical haha, just as I had made my mind up about Los Angeles :p Well back to thinking some more about my options.
LMU
Savannah will get old very quickly.
Beautiful place tho!

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back