2015 Interviews - Acceptances - Rejections

Still stuck on the USC MFA Screenwriting list. Anyone with a USC acceptance decide to go elsewhere? Anyone get off the waitlist already and receive an acceptance?

LISANO

just got an offer from chapman, directing .

and I knew a few students got their offer from chapman in March , April, and I got mine in MAY....

so i was originally planing to go to FSU, but now seems Chapman is a good option also.

btw, I am still waitlisted on UCLA and haven't heard anything from LMU....

@Caroline_Eleni & @Sunny Hey are you guys planning to live on-campus? I'm pretty confused about the housing scene. I read that

And have you talked to anyone who is currently studying there? I have to take decisions on a lot of things and i wanted to take some opinions before deciding.
I'm still considering that, but there are only around 150-ish places for Grad students to live on campus. So best bet is probably living off, taking into consideration whether you have a car/how much you can afford/walking distance to campus etc.

When I had my Skype conversation with Prof. Wheatley she said she would pass my email along to 2 current students for their perspective on studying/living there, but I haven't heard from them yet.

Which schools are you deciding on? Or did you mean deciding between on/off-campus living?
just got an offer from chapman, directing .

and I knew a few students got their offer from chapman in March , April, and I got mine in MAY....

so i was originally planing to go to FSU, but now seems Chapman is a good option also.

btw, I am still waitlisted on UCLA and haven't heard anything from LMU....
LMU sent out emails for us to register for classes in class groups, so I'm thinking they have chosen all their 26 students??? Not 100% sure though!

ausdrucklos

I'm still considering that, but there are only around 150-ish places for Grad students to live on campus. So best bet is probably living off, taking into consideration whether you have a car/how much you can afford/walking distance to campus etc.

When I had my Skype conversation with Prof. Wheatley she said she would pass my email along to 2 current students for their perspective on studying/living there, but I haven't heard from them yet.

Which schools are you deciding on? Or did you mean deciding between on/off-campus living?

LMU sent out emails for us to register for classes in class groups, so I'm thinking they have chosen all their 26 students??? Not 100% sure though!
Yea that's what I've figured as well about housing, and if I remember correctly I once read on their housing site that their hostels are for 9 months only, so you might have to vacate in December which is bad. And I've decided on LMU (yay) and i was talking from housing perspective only.

For off-campus, I'm looking for housing on craiglist. it's quite handy. I plan to live somewhere in westchester. somewhere between the beach and the uni, it'd be fun to chill by the sea if i'd have the luxury of free time :)

Oh yeah. During my conversation I was also told about connecting me with few current students and someone from my country.But, I'm also waiting for a response from them. sigh.

@LISANO I've also registered for classes in LMU. I think they have chosen the students.
But hey congratulations for Chapman and FSU! Which one are you going to choose?

readitsomewhere

Hey everyone~

Long time lurker, first time commenter. I'll be headed to LMU in the fall for the WPTV program, and I'm in the same boat as far as housing is concerned. I'm coming from Philadelphia, so I'm pretty reliant on the internet when it comes to searching. For those who are also going to LMU (and I've noticed a few of you), let me know if you're looking for a roommate! Maybe we could find an apartment/house that could fit a group of us, since I also have yet to receive any information on other incoming students and I'd like to cross at least one thing off my list of stuff to accomplish for this summer.

Yay, new friends!

amandachayne

Did someone mention WPTV LMU housing?

Oh thank god someone else is worrying about this too haha! I'm all the way in North Carolina and I am killing myself trying to find reasonably priced, safe and close housing to LMU for this fall. I've come across a couple websites. Has anyone found any message boards on the schools website?

Last edited:

ausdrucklos

Did someone mention WPTV LMU housing?

Oh thank god someone else is worrying about this too haha! I'm all the way in North Carolina and I am killing myself trying to find reasonably priced, safe and close housing to LMU for this fall. I've come across a couple websites. Has anyone found any message boards on the schools website?
I couldn't find any message boards either, neither in mylmu nor on their websites.
Which websites do you find best and legitimate for housing?

@readitsomewhere I don't wish to exceed thousand dollars for housing. anything less is better. if you are looking for something in similar range then count me in!

Last edited:

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
is the only way to get the contact information to sign up and pay for membership? is it legit?
Yes it's legit. It's a well known institution here in Los Angeles. I used it with great success to find my first place out here 14-15 years ago.

For free you can try craiglist... but then you have to worry about scams. Beware of the ones on Craiglist that sound too good to be true - they usually are and involve a sublet for an awesome place and an awesome price from someone out of the country where you send them money and they send you the keys... and then the keys never arrive.

Patrick Clement

Supporting Member
I used Westside Rentals when I lived in LA as well. Ask around, most of the time you can get a "shared" account from someone who already paid. But, yeah, +1 for WSR.

Mike_V

Staff member
I tried west side rentals a few times, didn't really worked out for me, but it worked out for others. I would also suggest trying out padmapper and even sites like rent.com

EDIT: also, as Chris mentioned, be very very very careful of scams. the "i live in a different state, just send me the deposit and i'll send you the keys" is the most common scam. If you can't go in and take a look at the apartment/house and they refuse to meet you in person, they're most likely scammers.
also beware of subletters. sometimes they're actually not allowed to sublet but they do it anyways.

Hey guys. Long time member here... I'm going to NYU's Tisch School of the Arts for the MFA in Directing this Fall.

dag

Hey guys, has anyone been offered admission from the waitlist at USC yet?

Latest Applications

Latest reviews