2015 Narrative Film Directing MFA - UCLA Only - Did you get your interview?

Lucky Director

A thread for applicants to the 2015 UCLA graduate program in directing. What's your background? What kind of stories do you intend to tell? What do you think of the way the program is organized? Has your interview request come in yet?
Etc.!

Point Break

Anyone else still waiting to hear from UCLA for DIRECTING??? I was wondering if anyone has interviewed yet or knows if they're still sending out interview invites for directors...

The silence is making the wait so much more stressful

Elva

Anyone else still waiting to hear from UCLA for DIRECTING??? I was wondering if anyone has interviewed yet or knows if they're still sending out interview invites for directors...

The silence is making the wait so much more stressful
Hi there, I am still waiting to hear from UCLA for Directing as well. I sent them an email yesterday asking why I still don't hear anything back and they replied today saying "No news is good news". I guess it means that we are at least not rejected so far. Hope it will eventually turn to be real good news. Fingers crossed.

bblens88

Hi there, I am still waiting to hear from UCLA for Directing as well. I sent them an email yesterday asking why I still don't hear anything back and they replied today saying "No news is good news". I guess it means that we are at least not rejected so far. Hope it will eventually turn to be real good news. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for reaching out to them, Elva. I think we are all getting nervous about not hearing back.

What other programs did you apply to?

Elva

Thanks for reaching out to them, Elva. I think we are all getting nervous about not hearing back.

What other programs did you apply to?
Yes, very nervous. I also applied to Directing in NYU, Chapman and CalArts. Had interview with Chapman last week and haven't heard from NYU and CalArts.

JakeHannaford

Has anyone interviewed for Directing yet? I have my interview tomorrow in LA... super nervous. Still trying to nail down my pitch.

JakeHannaford

This thread seems quiet, but I just thought I'd say I had my interview yesterday and I'm feeling good about it. They told me we could expect decisions by the second week of April. Good luck!

Point Break

Congratulations on your interview success so far!!!

I'm pretty sure the quiet is just a reflection of the radio silence we've been getting from UCLA. Most of us are still hoping for a second round of interviews to be sent out. If they're deciding on narrative directors in April, there should still be time to interview more, right?

JakeHannaford

I'm pretty sure the quiet is just a reflection of the radio silence we've been getting from UCLA. Most of us are still hoping for a second round of interviews to be sent out. If they're deciding on narrative directors in April, there should still be time to interview more, right?
In the interview they told me they will be interviewing until the end of March. I hope that helps! It's great that you have an acceptance from USC though. I'd just love to know that I'm going SOMEWHERE.

jake2

In the interview they told me they will be interviewing until the end of March. I hope that helps! It's great that you have an acceptance from USC though. I'd just love to know that I'm going SOMEWHERE.
Congrats on your UCLA interview Jake! How did it go?

bblens88

It sounds like it. It seems they actually are a month behind than last year's process. UCLA is usually a November deadline.

Just want to say that I feel frustrated on the part of anyone who applied to the UCLA directing programme and hasn't heard anything yet. I'd suggest that they are stringing people along more so than the other top MFA schools, even despite their later deadline. Regardless of their vagueness on the matter, I doubt that they will be sending out any more interview invitations. But if they do, these really should have gone out already, along with rejections, if they expect to be as competitive as the other top four programs. Much luck to the worthy! -LD

Latest Applications

Latest reviews