• FilmSchool.org has Film School Forums, Film School Reviews, and a database of over 2,118 Film School applications with acceptance rate statistics, minimum GPA, GRE, SAT scores, submitted Portfolios, and notification dates for all of the best Film Schools including USC, UCLA, AFI, Chapman, Columbia and NYU.
  • END OF YEAR HOLIDAY SALE: Become a Lifetime Supporting Member for ONLY $15! You receive permanent access to the full application tracker, private forums, blogging, and more... Donations go towards making this site even better for you. Thank you for your support.

2016 Interviews- Acceptances- Rejections

Boethius

Decided to accept Columbia's offer! I'll be sending in my notices to UCLA and NYU Dramatic Writing very soon. Hoping this opens up slots for those of you on the waitlist!

IndecisiveElle

Supporting Member
Contributor
Is anyone else STILL waiting to hear back from LMU? This is killing me! They said the second round of notifications would be going out in early April. I'm going to call this mid-April at this point. haha.

Nikhail

Any international students who plan on applying to Emerson's MFA in writing for film, just be aware the us changed it rules and we can't get visas to new low res mfas... so devasted, because of this they took away my acceptance and scholarship so guess i'll have to reapply to schools again next year.

WriterGirl

Any international students who plan on applying to Emerson's MFA in writing for film, just be aware the us changed it rules and we can't get visas to new low res mfas... so devasted, because of this they took away my acceptance and scholarship so guess i'll have to reapply to schools again next year.
That's heartbreaking! I'm so sorry!

When did they change this?

That's terrible!!! I'm so sorry. :(

tutenkhamen

Waitlisted at FSU for MFA in Production. Rejected my seat! Hopefully it goes to someone from the forum.

Has everyone made their final decisions? Why is this place so quiet all of a sudden?

WriterGirl

@tutenkhamen I guess stuff just got pretty real for some of us here (plus: SO.MUCH.PAPERWORK :eek:)

I have paid my deposit to AFI, but my funding is still all up in the air... *fingers crossed*

Last edited:

jedi578k

Waitlisted at FSU for MFA in Production. Rejected my seat! Hopefully it goes to someone from the forum.

Has everyone made their final decisions? Why is this place so quiet all of a sudden?
AFI and UCLA's Cinematography programs are still in progress. Constantly checking my emails :| (this is so depressing!)
I agree with the WriterGirl, there is lots of paper work and other stuff in the times of post-acceptance, it has a different mood to it :D

Hello everyone! Firstly, congrats to everyone who got accepted to the programs that you were hoping for!

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread for my questions, but I couldn't find a thread for undergrads. Anyways, I was just waitlisted for ucla's undegrad program as a transfer and was hoping someone might have any idea what that means for my chances(and if there's any way to improve them). I know that it's totally random, but based on years passed, how likely is it that someone rejects their admittance offer(and how many are offered a spot on the waitlist)? Finally, since there are so few students offered spots in the program, has anyone ever heard back about the waitlist before June/July? I'm sorry if I'm asking too many(potentially silly) questions, I'm just trying to find a way to ease my anxiety lol.

Thanks!

IndecisiveElle

Supporting Member
Contributor
Hello everyone! Firstly, congrats to everyone who got accepted to the programs that you were hoping for!

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread for my questions, but I couldn't find a thread for undergrads. Anyways, I was just waitlisted for ucla's undegrad program as a transfer and was hoping someone might have any idea what that means for my chances(and if there's any way to improve them). I know that it's totally random, but based on years passed, how likely is it that someone rejects their admittance offer(and how many are offered a spot on the waitlist)? Finally, since there are so few students offered spots in the program, has anyone ever heard back about the waitlist before June/July? I'm sorry if I'm asking too many(potentially silly) questions, I'm just trying to find a way to ease my anxiety lol.

Thanks!
There's a whole separate section of the forum for undergrads. They may be able to provide you more advice there. Most of us didn't attend film school for undergrad at major schools or majored in other subjects.
http://www.filmschool.org/forums/undergraduate-film-school-discussions.46/

miguel

Hey Everyone!
This forum has been a little "dead" for the last few weeks... I was wondering: has anyone who was waitlisted at NYU heard anything from them? And how about the people who were accepted? Who's attending and who's not?

I was waitlisted for Graduate Film and the wait is killing me...supposedly we could start hearing something by May, so I'm a wreck!

Well, good luck to everyone! Thanks
Miguel

Latest Applications

Latest reviews