2020 Decisions.... what has everyone decided?

KeenanDK

UCLA Producer’s Program. Hope it’s in person though. Don’t know how much sense it would make to have a 15 person major online, especially one in the film industry

I'm doing the UCLA Producer's Program too. I'd be shocked if we're still in the same position come Sept 28.

itsallhappening

Turned down Chapman, NYU, and CSUN. Waiting to see if I get off the waitlist at USC, and if I'll ever hear back from UCLA... will likely apply again next year if USC doesn't pan out.

Long, long story short, I ended up accepting CSUN, after talking to a professor, an alum, and a current student. I'm actually really excited about it. Still have not heard back from USC or UCLA.

WhaJin

I've committed to AFI! I turned down Chapman and LMU.
Congrats! Can I connect with you
Two main reasons: firstly, I really wanted to go to AFI at first because the model of constantly making films throughout the year makes you seasoned in just two years and of course, the prestige/name, but, THE COST makes it such a financial commitment that I'm not willing to make as a young filmmaker that may not earn so much in the first few years.

I had an awesome interview with Patty Meyer and Evan Schwartz at LMU, they made it clear that I would be a good fit and we kept in touch after. I also got a good scholarship on top of the tuition that's nowhere as pricey as AFI. The LA location is a plus and I can't stress how much I appreciate the three-year length. I've seen other people on this site post about how it helps you find your feet vs. the pressure of figuring it out in two years. The third year is mainly prepping you to be career-facing in addition to being artistic.

Vs. Chapman, LA location won over Orange County and LMU's aid package was bigger.

Vs. Boston (they actually gave me the biggest scholarship of all the schools), but the location just didn't make much sense to me and the alumni didn't give me much hope for networking either.

Hope this helps!
Congrats!! I am a LMU admitted student. Can I please connect with you? If you'd like to, please send me an email at daeilkim@buffalo.edu :)

Latest Accepted Applications

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous
  • USC School of Cinematic Arts (BA/BFA)
    5.00 star(s)
    A Journey Most Illuminating
    I started my USC adventure as a Theatre major. I quickly discovered that I needed to change paths, and film had always been of interest. I thought...
    • JHD
  • London Film School (LFS) - Directing Summer School with Udayan Prasad
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Filmmaking Intensive, Though Pricey
    I attended this summer program in 2019. I wanted to try out directing in an environment where I would get feedback on my work and where I could...
    • llueve
  • Northwestern University - School of Communication
    4.00 star(s)
    Good for film theory, not so much for production
    *Please take this with a grain of salt, as I went to NU over a decade ago. While I was there: Classes in film theory and screenwriting were great...
    • Anonymous
  • Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya

Latest Accepted Applications