Film & TV Discussions 2020 Oscars Discussion

It is 5 am here and I am waiting for Oscars held in 2 hours, but I think I am going to fall asleep just before the awards part.. nooo.
But the Oscars are at 5pm PST so you have 5 more hours. That's enough for sleep. :)

Best Picture/ Parasite (OMG!!! I AM thrilled only by imaging that.)
Actor/ Joaquin Phoenix - but why Robert De Niro isn’t nominated?
Actress/ Scarlett Johansson
S.Actor/ I hope Al Pacino.
S.Actress/ Laura Dern
Costume/ Wow this is too close to call.. idk.
Directing/ Whoa..Hopefully Bong. Excuse me for being kinda jingoist! 😇
Sound Editing & Editing/ Ford v Ferrari, but I don’t have an eye for editing part.
International/ IT IS DEFINITELY PARASITE.
Writing-adapted/ I fell in love with the screenwriting of The Two Popes. This movie stunned me how two-people dialogue scene effectively dominates and leads the entire narrative.
Writing-OG/ Again, P...

Best Picture/ Parasite (OMG!!! I AM thrilled only by imaging that.)

Yes I loved it too. :)

I don't really like doing predictions, but I do root for certain films.

Stoked for Parasite going home with at least 1 Oscar, especially coming from a fellow Asian (SE Asia though, so pretty far from S. Korea), but it's great to see a fellow Asian filmmaker succeed in a "local" film festival (and I so much agree with his statement).

I know Toy Story is beloved, but I'm bummed I Lost My Body didn't win Animated Feature. Actually, French animation has been snubbed in that category despite the many great French animated features (Ernest and Celestine, Persepolis, Les Triplettes de Belleville among many others)

1581308201714.png

ME WATCHING OSCARS 2020

S.Actress/ Laura Dern
Directing/ Whoa..Hopefully Bong. Excuse me for being kinda jingoist! 😇
Sound Editing & Editing/ Ford v Ferrari, but I don’t have an eye for editing part.
International/ IT IS DEFINITELY PARASITE.
Writing-OG/ Again, P...

Look what I got :cool:

Did you get bingo? I didn't.

Oh, I thought the Bingo meant the prediction game who will get the Oscars.
However, my Acceptance Bingo was widely strayed because Bong destroyed cliché even in his speech!
He is so genre-bending, jumbling even for the stage - It was a drama which makes a lot of people get teary when he mentioned and honored Marty. It was a buddy movie when he called Quentin and said I love you. It was a comedy when he said he's gonna drink until the next morning. I did not expect it at all.

He is so genre-bending, jumbling even for the stage - It was a drama which makes a lot of people get teary when he mentioned and honored Marty. It was a buddy movie when he called Quentin and said I love you. It was a comedy when he said he's gonna drink until the next morning.
Yes it was a very good speech. :)

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back