2020 Oscars Discussion

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
It is 5 am here and I am waiting for Oscars held in 2 hours, but I think I am going to fall asleep just before the awards part.. nooo.
But the Oscars are at 5pm PST so you have 5 more hours. That's enough for sleep. :)

jioh

Columbia
Best Picture/ Parasite (OMG!!! I AM thrilled only by imaging that.)
Actor/ Joaquin Phoenix - but why Robert De Niro isn’t nominated?
Actress/ Scarlett Johansson
S.Actor/ I hope Al Pacino.
S.Actress/ Laura Dern
Costume/ Wow this is too close to call.. idk.
Directing/ Whoa..Hopefully Bong. Excuse me for being kinda jingoist! 😇
Sound Editing & Editing/ Ford v Ferrari, but I don’t have an eye for editing part.
International/ IT IS DEFINITELY PARASITE.
Writing-adapted/ I fell in love with the screenwriting of The Two Popes. This movie stunned me how two-people dialogue scene effectively dominates and leads the entire narrative.
Writing-OG/ Again, P...

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Best Picture/ Parasite (OMG!!! I AM thrilled only by imaging that.)
Yes I loved it too. :)

addik

Supporting Member+
USC
I don't really like doing predictions, but I do root for certain films.

Stoked for Parasite going home with at least 1 Oscar, especially coming from a fellow Asian (SE Asia though, so pretty far from S. Korea), but it's great to see a fellow Asian filmmaker succeed in a "local" film festival (and I so much agree with his statement).

I know Toy Story is beloved, but I'm bummed I Lost My Body didn't win Animated Feature. Actually, French animation has been snubbed in that category despite the many great French animated features (Ernest and Celestine, Persepolis, Les Triplettes de Belleville among many others)

jioh

Columbia
S.Actress/ Laura Dern
Directing/ Whoa..Hopefully Bong. Excuse me for being kinda jingoist! 😇
Sound Editing & Editing/ Ford v Ferrari, but I don’t have an eye for editing part.
International/ IT IS DEFINITELY PARASITE.
Writing-OG/ Again, P...
Look what I got :cool:

jioh

Columbia
Killed by shock and got up now. GOT Everything related to Parasite, call me Nostradamus.

1581311201219.png

Thank you Chris!!!! for Bingo game!!!!

jioh

Columbia
Did you get bingo? I didn't.
Oh, I thought the Bingo meant the prediction game who will get the Oscars.
However, my Acceptance Bingo was widely strayed because Bong destroyed cliché even in his speech!
He is so genre-bending, jumbling even for the stage - It was a drama which makes a lot of people get teary when he mentioned and honored Marty. It was a buddy movie when he called Quentin and said I love you. It was a comedy when he said he's gonna drink until the next morning. I did not expect it at all.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
He is so genre-bending, jumbling even for the stage - It was a drama which makes a lot of people get teary when he mentioned and honored Marty. It was a buddy movie when he called Quentin and said I love you. It was a comedy when he said he's gonna drink until the next morning.
Yes it was a very good speech. :)

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21