2021 EMERSON COLLEGE FILM AND MEDIA ART MFA

Vicky H

Didn't find a 2021 thread for Emerson film MFA. Anyone also applied? Haven't hear anything after applied, even a confirmation email.

I applied! Just emailed asking when they'll be sending out decisions/if they conduct interviews. I haven't seen any hits on my portfolio from Boston area. A little stressful because I've been accepted to two other schools, one asking for an April 1st commitment. Emerson isn't my top choice but I'd be willing to re-evaluate if they offered enough funding!

Vicky H

I applied! Just emailed asking when they'll be sending out decisions/if they conduct interviews. I haven't seen any hits on my portfolio from Boston area. A little stressful because I've been accepted to two other schools, one asking for an April 1st commitment. Emerson isn't my top choice but I'd be willing to re-evaluate if they offered enough funding!
congrats to your admissions from other two schools! yes the waiting time is so anxious. I actually checked the application thread for last year and found EMerson had a comparable higher acceptence rate. But not sure if it is reliable because not everyone posted on this website

Thanks, Vicky! Congratulations on your acceptances, too! Do you have a top program?
Emerson got back to me this morning: decisions will be released "between mid-March and mid-April." So late! Going to have to see if SAIC can extend their commitment deadline.

Vicky H

Thanks, Vicky! Congratulations on your acceptances, too! Do you have a top program?
Emerson got back to me this morning: decisions will be released "between mid-March and mid-April." So late! Going to have to see if SAIC can extend their commitment deadline.
Still waiting for Chapman and Calarts. don't know if they accept students without interview and haven't got any invitation of the interview yet ;(

Still waiting for Chapman and Calarts. don't know if they accept students without interview and haven't got any invitation of the interview yet ;(
Yeah, I also haven't heard back from CalArts (Film/Video), but not holding my breath for them personally. I think I would have been contacted for an interview by now. Which program did you apply for?

Vicky H

I
Yeah, I also haven't heard back from CalArts (Film/Video), but not holding my breath for them personally. I think I would have been contacted for an interview by now. Which program did you apply for?
I applied for film directing for both schools. A little nervous;(

Vicky H

I got in! I originally applied early and then deferred to the fall semester. I’m excited to start!
Congrats! Do you have any idea of their acceptance rate?

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Congrats! Do you have any idea of their acceptance rate?
For which school? Did you see this article of ours?

Film School MFA Acceptance Rates, Minimum GPAs, Decision Dates, and more... (UPDATED with 2020 stats)

Film School MFA Acceptance Rates, Minimum GPAs, Decision Dates, and more... (UPDATED with 2020 stats)

People often ask "What is the minimum GPA for USC film school?" Or "What is the acceptance rate of NYU film school?" The problem is that Film Schools are often very tight lipped and secret about their acceptance rates and the minimum GPAs that they accept. However thanks to the over 3,200...

Vicky H

For which school? Did you see this article of ours?

People often ask "What is the minimum GPA for USC film school?" Or "What is the acceptance rate of NYU film school?" The problem is that Film Schools are often very tight lipped and secret about their acceptance rates and the minimum GPAs that they accept. However thanks to the over 3,200...
Thanks for sharing! I actually saw this article and found it is very useful.
I was asking about Emerson but I am curious about LMU also, especially on how many students they will accept each year.

Vicky H

A question for those who HAVEN'T received decision: I just log into my portal and saw my "Emerson College ID", I am sure that this was blank when I submitted my application but still not sure if it means anything. Anyone has noticed it before?

nmkey21

A question for those who HAVEN'T received decision: I just log into my portal and saw my "Emerson College ID", I am sure that this was blank when I submitted my application but still not sure if it means anything. Anyone has noticed it before?
Yeah, mine has been there since I submitted my application.

For those of us still waiting, it looks like they might be making decisions for the Directing program before Film & Media Art.

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest Articles