• IT'S HAPPENING! Celebrate interview season by becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $15! (25% off) by entering the coupon code "ITSHAPPENING" . Thanks for being a member of the site!

Acceptance Chances - MFA Directing/Production - How important is age?

catmom

As I'm working on my applications for next fall, I wanted to gather opinions about whether or not my age will be a huge deciding factor in my acceptance to an MFA program. I'm going to be 23 in January. I believe I have a pretty solid application otherwise, and I graduated in January 2020.

I'd love to hear from current students on if they have anyone at that age in their programs!

A248

As I'm working on my applications for next fall, I wanted to gather opinions about whether or not my age will be a huge deciding factor in my acceptance to an MFA program. I'm going to be 23 in January. I believe I have a pretty solid application otherwise, and I graduated in January 2020.

I'd love to hear from current students on if they have anyone at that age in their programs!

I assume you are worried about being too young? If so, defintely don't worry. Most of my classmates are just out of undergrad and many are 22/23. I was 26 when I started and was one of the oldest in my class! I attend LMU's MFA program but would imagine this is the case in most programs.

catmom

I assume you are worried about being too young? If so, defintely don't worry. Most of my classmates are just out of undergrad and many are 22/23. I was 26 when I started and was one of the oldest in my class! I attend LMU's MFA program but would imagine this is the case in most programs.
Thank you so much!!

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews