ACCEPTED OR NOT - Don't forget to log your applications to our application database (and include materials if possible) as it will really help others!

Chris W

The night was sultry...
Staff member
We've gotten through another application year!

Congrats to those who have been accepted but don't be disparaged if you didn't make it in this year. It takes multiple attempts sometimes so don't give up!

Whether you've been accepted or not, EVERYONE please be sure to log your Applications with our application database so we can improve our acceptance data and help other applicants.

Also, if you're willing to share, it would be extremely helpful to future applicants if you could share your application materials with your application as well. They would only be visible to members of the site.

The applications in our database allow really helpful data such as scholarship awarded, accepted GPA, film experience of accepted applicants and more... The more data we have the better it is for future applicants.

Here are some examples of the data that this allows:

Columbia University's School of the Arts Acceptance Rate (All Programs/All Years)
31%
Admitted
142  out of   459   Admitted
21%
Waitlisted
95  out of   459   Waitlisted
48%
Not Admitted
222  out of   459  Not Admitted
Admitted
Waitlisted
Not Admitted

And here are some screenshots of the additional data that applications in our database allow that Supporting Members can see (for a different program than above):

Screenshot 2022-03-16 10.16.52 AM.png
      Screenshot 2022-03-16 10.16.41 AM.png
      Screenshot 2022-03-16 10.16.30 AM.png
      Screenshot 2022-03-16 10.16.09 AM.png
      Screenshot 2022-03-16 10.15.05 AM.png
      Screenshot 2022-03-16 10.14.37 AM.png
      Screenshot 2022-03-16 10.14.20 AM.png
      Screenshot 2022-03-16 10.13.48 AM.png
      Screenshot 2022-03-16 10.13.07 AM.png

If you have suggestions on what other data we should include please let me know!

If you have any questions on how to log your application or suggestions on how to make the database better please let me know. If you have suggestions on how to make it easier to log your application or other data fields we should include please let me know.

I'm always open to suggestions on to how to improve the site so please don't hesitate to ask or suggest something.

Last edited:
      Reminder... Our application database allows the site to calculate our acceptance data and it helps out your peers.

Logging your application in the database is also a great way to cheer your fellow applicants on through the process.

Update or log your application when you can. :)

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
      For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
      Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
        4.00 star(s)
        Reviewed by: Alumni
        Degree: BA/BS/BFA
        BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
        Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
        • Anonymous
      • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
        4.00 star(s)
        Reviewed by: Current Student
        Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
        UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
        UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
        • Anonymous
      • Syracuse University
        4.00 star(s)
        Concentration: Film
        Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
        I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
        • Anonymous
      • Fitchburg State University
        5.00 star(s)
        Reviewed by: Alumni
        Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
        A Great School with Great Professors!
        I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
        • Anonymous
      • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
        5.00 star(s)
        Degree: MA/MFA
        Concentration: Screenwriting
        Hidden Gem
        Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
        • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
      Articles
      Forums
      Film Schools
      Scholarships
      Back