1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered. (It's free!)

accepted portfolio submission at CalArts and Columbia U

Discussion in 'Film School Advice from Current Students' started by TeN, Jul 1, 2017.

1. TeN

TeN Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey all,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this or if promoting your work isn't allowed on this subforum. I'm not sure how many people here check the StudentFilms.com page, so I wanted to share the film I just posted on there: Melancholia Imaginativa I thought it might be helpful for people who are considering applying to or accepting offers from any of the schools I did.

This is the film I submitted when applying to MFA programs. I was accepted at CalArts, Columbia U, Ohio U, and Columbia College, and rejected from UT Austin, Temple U, and Brooklyn College (Barry R Feirstein). Decided to attend Calarts (Film Directing program) and about to enter my second year - I love it!

On the discussion page at the link above I wrote up some thoughts on my experience submitting the film to schools as well as festivals. Please let me know if you have any questions about the film, about the school and/or fest submission process, about CalArts or any of the schools I applied to, or whatever else. This forum was a big help and confidence booster when I was first looking into applying to school, so I want to return the favor.

Also, feel free to just let me know what you think (constructive criticism welcome) and if you enjoy it, feel free to share! :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1