1. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered. (It's free!)

Affordable graduate school abroad?

Discussion in 'Graduate Film School Discussions' started by Alexandrathegreatest, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Alexandrathegreatest

Alexandrathegreatest New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

I'm 33 and considering going back to school for filmmaking, with a concentration in producing/directing with the hope of finding a program that will also let me take some screenwriting classes too. I am a self-taught filmmaker who has written, directed and produced shorts and a web series. Despite having already made films though, I feel like I need to go to school to get to the level of professionalism I'm hoping to achieve. I have been coming up with a ton of film projects lately that require big budgets, international travel, and special effects. So I'm looking for a program that will really help teach me how to direct technically challenging films with larger crews.

The thing is that I just got out of debt and REALLY do not want to get back in debt again. I'm considering studying in Europe to lower the costs of my study, and because I just want to live in Europe haha. I'd also consider some more affordable programs in the U.S.

Given these stipulations what would you recommend? Are any of you in the same boat?

Thanks in advance for answering.