• IT'S HAPPENING! Celebrate interview season by becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $15! (25% off) by entering the coupon code "ITSHAPPENING" . Thanks for being a member of the site!

AFI 2021 Application - Narrative Statement formatting

denis.bct

Hello !
I am currently applying to AFI Producing MFA. As a French applicant, I am not familiar with American application statements, so I just had a very basic question about AFI's Narrative Statement formatting.

Do you think it is expected to use a "Dear madam, dear Sir /.../ Yours faithfully" letter format, or can I just go on straight with my text (which would allow me to save 4 precious lines !)

Thank you very much for your answers, here and on other threads,

Denis

llueve

Supporter
Hello !
I am currently applying to AFI Producing MFA. As a French applicant, I am not familiar with American application statements, so I just had a very basic question about AFI's Narrative Statement formatting.

Do you think it is expected to use a "Dear madam, dear Sir /.../ Yours faithfully" letter format, or can I just go on straight with my text (which would allow me to save 4 precious lines !)

Thank you very much for your answers, here and on other threads,

Denis
Hi Denis, Bienvenu!
For Narrative Statement (or Statement of Purpose, or Personal Statement, in other schools), you do not need to write it like a letter.
In America, it is standard to format this document like an essay.
So absolutely, skip the Dear Sir/Madam, and dive into a great opening line! :)

Best of luck~

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews