brothap

May I just ask, did you guys only apply for Chapman and AFI? If you get in on both, where would you go?
I also applied to NYU, but they don't have a Cinematography course.. so it wasn't my first or second choice.. even tho it is a great program. I got rejected without an interview, I think the fact that my personal statement focused only on cinematography had an impact on my application.. but I don't mind.

I don't think I will have the luxury to choose between AFI or Chapman, but my first choice has always been the AFI. I talked with alumni from both schools, read a lot of stuff.. watched plenty of videos. But Chapman is as good as AFI, in the end, it all comes down to the student.. not the place. Also, Chapman program is also shaped as a conservatory, and their program is a perfect replica of AFI, even the professors say they copied from AFI.. some professors worked at AFI.
The fact that Chapman is in Orange and not LA is quite a bummer because, for every project, cinematography students have to to go LA to rent equipment.. and the truck they rent for equipment also comes from LA.. and you gotta pay extra.

esilva21

Supporting Member
I only applied to AFI 😬

Does anyone know how many people got interviewed for the cinematography discipline?

Erriccc

May I just ask, did you guys only apply for Chapman and AFI? If you get in on both, where would you go?
Except for AFI and Chapman, I also applyed for usc, ucla, and Columbia. I get offer from chapman, usc, and Columbia, reject from ucla and waitlist by AFI. I want to learn Cinematography the best so my first choose is AFI and second Chapman. I don't think I can get in to AFI anymore because I don't think there will be someone not going to AFI's cinematography program if they get in. So, I think I am gonna go to chapman. The difference between AFI and Chapman for me is AFI has bett reputation because the school had already exist for more than 50 years but Chapman is so young. The others like just the same.

Erriccc

Damn, have you applied anywhere else?
I also applyed for chapman, usc, ucla, and Columbia. I get offer from chapman, usc, and Columbia, reject from ucla and waitlist by AFI. I want to learn Cinematography the best so my first choose is AFI and second Chapman. I don't think I can get in to AFI anymore because I don't think there will be someone not going to AFI's cinematography program if they get in. So, I think I am gonna go to chapman.

Erriccc

I am still thinking about if that's just because I am too young for AFI so they give a waitlisted. I am like 21 years old now. 🤦🏻‍♂️ May I know like how old are you guys now?

ak47ksha

I also applyed for chapman, usc, ucla, and Columbia. I get offer from chapman, usc, and Columbia, reject from ucla and waitlist by AFI. I want to learn Cinematography the best so my first choose is AFI and second Chapman. I don't think I can get in to AFI anymore because I don't think there will be someone not going to AFI's cinematography program if they get in. So, I think I am gonna go to chapman.
Chapman is a great school! Congratulations :)

elisasouza

Thank you so much guys! I'm 24, I think that's a factor too...

I also think Chapman sounds amazing, the only reason I didn't apply was because, when I got around to check the deadlines (I was working on my final undergrad project), they were gone for NYU, Chapman and UCLA. :( So I think you'll do great, honestly!

Erriccc

Thank you so much guys! I'm 24, I think that's a factor too...

I also think Chapman sounds amazing, the only reason I didn't apply was because, when I got around to check the deadlines (I was working on my final undergrad project), they were gone for NYU, Chapman and UCLA. :( So I think you'll do great, honestly!
Thank you!

Latest Applications

Latest reviews