Cdemon

AFI
NYU
I also applyed for chapman, usc, ucla, and Columbia. I get offer from chapman, usc, and Columbia, reject from ucla and waitlist by AFI. I want to learn Cinematography the best so my first choose is AFI and second Chapman. I don't think I can get in to AFI anymore because I don't think there will be someone not going to AFI's cinematography program if they get in. So, I think I am gonna go to chapman.
You’re planning to take Chapman over USC- that’s awesome, and I’m not a cinematographer, but I’m curious why? I mostly wonder cause you mentioned the importance of AFI’s name but USC has a better name than Chapman- but Chapman does model after AFI- is that why?

ak47ksha

AFI
ak47ksha, what do you think of NFTS? It was my dream program for years, but they don't even have a possibility of a scholarship, so that always held me back...
The program looks so great I had to apply. But they start in January so the decisions come out a bit later than everyone else. The tuition is less than most of the colleges in the US. Most of which I think I can cover with a student loan from India.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
To those that applied last year.... Be sure to update your application in the Film School Application database with as much info as you can.

See this example application to see how you can fully utilize the system:

The more data the better to help future applicants. Thank you! ?

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21