I just went on Vimeo to see our competition. It's really nice to watch everyone's "A Change of Heart" projects. You just got to keep changing your search to find more entries. Try, a change of heart AFI, then AFI directing application, etc. You'll find more and more as you go.

I watched some during the holiday. They are really good!

I just went on Vimeo to see our competition. It's really nice to watch everyone's "A Change of Heart" projects. You just got to keep changing your search to find more entries. Try, a change of heart AFI, then AFI directing application, etc. You'll find more and more as you go.
haha, "competition". I'll check it out.

Directing applicant here still waiting for the interview email. I got rejected after interview last year. It seems like they've stopped sending interviews... fingers crossed.

Hello again all; just wanted to give to an update. The interview is incredible. There is truly nothing anyone can say to prepare you for it because each one seems completely tailored to the person being interviewed. So don't fret, it's all about YOU, which is easy enough to talk about. Just be yourself. It's like a relationship, don't fake anything haha, show them who you are.

Best luck to all.

Hey guys! I sent an email to my application counselor a few days ago and she told me the directing major won't send out interview invitation until March the 15th.

Congrats to Ernst and DJE who received the notification so early! But I guess for the rest of us there's nothing we can do but wait... with lots and lots patient and optimism. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4636.jpg
    IMG_4636.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 271
Hey guys! I sent an email to my application counselor a few days ago and she told me the directing major won't send out interview invitation until March the 15th.

Congrats to Ernst and DJE who received the notification so early! But I guess for the rest of us there's nothing we can do but wait... with lots and lots patient and optimism. :)
From my understanding, March 15th is the Final decision date. If we don't have an interview now, then we should expect a rejection letter.

From my understanding, March 15th is the Final decision date. If we don't have an interview now, then we should expect a rejection letter.

Really? It was approximately the same schedule each year?

Yes, March 15th is the notifications for acceptance, waitlist, or rejection. They just told me at my interview.
Thx bro! That really clears things out. Guess I'm not the right person they are looking for. ?
Just curious, do you know what's the notification dates for USC or Chapman or LMU? I wasn't told in the interview so I'm just anxiously waiting.

Thx bro! That really clears things out. Guess I'm not the right person they are looking for. ?
Just curious, do you know what's the notification dates for USC or Chapman or LMU? I wasn't told in the interview so I'm just anxiously waiting.

Nope, sorry. I only applied to AFI. I put all my eggs in that basket Haha. But good luck to you with them. They are incredible schools.

Yes, March 15th is the notifications for acceptance, waitlist, or rejection. They just told me at my interview.
How did it go? I'll have mine next Monday and don't really know what to expect (I've been reading the thread on screenwriting interviews, but I'm guessing ours are a bit different). I'm interviewing with Jennie Tugend and Zach Smith, has anybody had them as well?

Are you going to fly here to do it in person?

I'm glad you enjoyed your interview! I am slightly less nervous now after reading your latest update. I will be flying in because I want to see the campus.

Also, I'm just curious. Who interviewed you?

Last edited:
Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back