AFI MFA Screenwriters 2018

CEW611

I actually just signed up for the board and I'm pretty disappointed I just received a rejection letter. I'm sad that my interview went extremely well, but my second interviewer didn't even show up. So I was at a disadvantage in that interview to begin with. Pretty bummed about all of this.

Congratulations to everyone who made it! That's awesome news.

civetta

I'm in! OMG! So happy!

Scyther

I actually just signed up for the board and I'm pretty disappointed I just received a rejection letter. I'm sad that my interview went extremely well, but my second interviewer didn't even show up. So I was at a disadvantage in that interview to begin with. Pretty bummed about all of this.

So sorry to hear that. Rejection is always hard. It’s also pretty crappy that your second interviewer didn’t show up and they didn’t send a sub. I know exactly how you feel.

I guess there’s always next year. Did you apply to multiple programs?

bigdubs

Thank you for the congrats. Acceptance can subjective and random and unfair. I hope you try again.

CEW611

So sorry to hear that. Rejection is always hard. It’s also pretty crappy that your second interviewer didn’t show up and they didn’t send a sub. I know exactly how you feel.

I guess there’s always next year. Did you apply to multiple programs?
I applied to USC and AFI. Rejected by both. But my interviewer rejected day of. They didn't know he wasn't showing up until my interview time. He wasn't answering his phone or anything. So yea...it's a pretty crappy situation. Then rejection on top of that.

Teddy

Hey guys, I've been wait-listed. AFI's my #1 choice and I would enroll in a heartbeat, so I told them I'd like to stay on the list. Guess I get to wait some more, haha. But it's worth it if there's still a chance.

Anyways, I'd like to say congrats to everyone who got in! I know the odds are slim, but maybe I'll see y'all this fall.

Teddy

Do we know how they determine who gets a scholarship?
The website says, "If an applicant applies for an AFI scholarship, the applicant will be notified within their acceptance letter if they receive an AFI scholarship."

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• International Film Institute of New York
    5.00 star(s)
    The summer intensive film program at Sarah Lawrence was fantastic. We were taught by industry professionals, whom had many years of experience...
    • Ldc88
    5.00 star(s)
    I experienced the most incredible summer at IFI, and I wish I could relive it every day! however, since I cannot , I make do by taking what I...
    • Anonymous
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been engaged with filmmaking since the age of 9 and was searching for a course that could further my knoll which is not always easy to...
    • sgabor
    5.00 star(s)
    The Sarah Lawrence Filmmaker's Collective was the top experience I've had at a summer film program. Start to finish, their top priority was that...
    • sammaggs
    5.00 star(s)
    I went into this camp uncertain of what I wanted to do in college. When I finished the five week intensive program, I knew what I wanted to do for...
    • JacobNurse