AFI Producing 2020

Steven

Hi, it seemed no one has started a thread for AFI producing program for this year yet?
March is coming! Hope I can find some mates here! How is it going, everyone!

Hey! I was wondering why I couldn't find anything for AFI Producing 2020.. I heard we will start to hear back about AFI on 3/13 , now all I can do is countdown the days 😣

Hey! I was wondering why I couldn't find anything for AFI Producing 2020.. I heard we will start to hear back about AFI on 3/13 , now all I can do is countdown the days 😣
Hey dmaria, good to see you here! I am really curious why no one posts anything about AFI producing 2020 before. Does that mean there were only a small number of students who applied for this program? Though lonely, I consider that will probably increase our possibilities to get into this program because of the less competition aha. Keep our fingers across and wish the best luck!

Hey dmaria, good to see you here! I am really curious why no one posts anything about AFI producing 2020 before. Does that mean there were only a small number of students who applied for this program? Though lonely, I consider that will probably increase our possibilities to get into this program because of the less competition aha. Keep our fingers across and wish the best luck!
I think it is quite strange, considering the school rep and considering how active the USC Stark Producing forum is (I applied there, too). All we can do is wait and see I suppose! Good luck!

Hey everybody, fingers crossed that we all get in. Apparently, AFI gives out all their decisions for specific concentrations on the same day. For producing, our day is March 13th.

Hey all,

I am also a first time applicant for Producing, good to see more people on here. I applied under the extended deadline, anyone else in the same boat? Reason I ask, on the email when we completed the application it said those of us who applied under the extended deadline admissions would be on a rolling basis, just wondering until when. Either way, good luck to everyone would love to hear your updates

Has anyone heard from AFI?

Sneaking in from the Screenwriting thread - nothing yet. I do see some loan info when I log in, but there's nothing else as far as acceptance or even a financial aid award letter. When I interviewed, they said the 13th OR 16th. I was under the impression they were going to try to get as much out today as possible and whatever they didn't would go out on Monday. Waiting to hear from them to decide between programs!

Sneaking in from the Screenwriting thread - nothing yet. I do see some loan info when I log in, but there's nothing else as far as acceptance or even a financial aid award letter. When I interviewed, they said the 13th OR 16th. I was under the impression they were going to try to get as much out today as possible and whatever they didn't would go out on Monday. Waiting to hear from them to decide between programs!
Shit is nerve wrecking!

I got an email an hour ago!! I’m in!

Congrats! That's awesome. :)

If you want the AFI badge and private AFI forum access (it was quite busy last year) see this thread here:

@Nagee since you're already a Supporting Member I gave you access. :)

Wow, Congrats to all you guys! I got a waiting list. If someone who received the offer chooses to not come, please let me know aha! I probably will remain my WL seats until August, the beginning of the semester. 😃

To remind those who haven't received anything, you can try to check your trash email. I found my letter there, it seemed just be automatically sorted. See if you find something exciting~

My friend for cinematography got waitlisted, I wish you all luck that you receive a spot sooner than later :)

My friend for cinematography got waitlisted, I wish you all luck that you receive a spot sooner than later :)
oh my god, is your name Dahila? I also got a friend, Xin(Leon) on the waiting list of the cinematograph discipline. Then she just told me that she is the one you mention, too hahaha! What a coincidence 🤣🤣🤣 How small the world is!

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back