• THANKSGIVING WEEK LIFETIME SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP SALE: If you are finding FilmSchool.org helpful, consider becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $16! (20% off) by entering the coupon code THANKS. Coupon expires Sunday 11/29 at midnight PST.

AFI Screenwriting 2020 "An Encounter"

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Hey guys, just got my acceptance. Over the moon - expect news soon!
I’M INNNNNNNNNNNNNN OMG!!
Just got my acceptance as well! Congrats to everyone getting in I’m so excited!
haha same :) But for editing. We just have like two people on here who applied for editing - so i'm just jumping in on the other threads 😅
I also just got my acceptance, woo! Congrats to everyone and good luck to those still waiting to hear!
Waitlisted, now I have to wait and see... I'm sure the best will happen ✨
Guuuys, I got waitlisted! AFI is my number one choice so I'll remain on the list! Congratulations everyone who got accepted :) I really hope to see you in August!
Congrats everyone! So awesome.

If you want the AFI badge and private AFI forum access (it was quite busy last year) see this thread here:

If you're already a Supporting Member and I saw that you were accepted I should have already gave you a badge. :) Thanks for supporting the site.

princessjasmine

AFI Forum Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporter
Idk if anyone else got a call from AFI, but one of the professors who interviewed me just called to say congrats. It was a nice surprise, but I was super caught off guard haha

sarahkwUT

Contributor
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Ed Decker called me on Saturday! I missed the call - phone forever on silent over here - but we had a great discussion during my interview and it helped sway me a little more towards AFI to hear his congratulations email and he clearly remembered me.

Now if they'd just let us know on the financial aid front... Trying to be patient given everything going on, but patience also isn't a gift I was blessed with.

princessjasmine

AFI Forum Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporter
Ed Decker called me on Saturday! I missed the call - phone forever on silent over here - but we had a great discussion during my interview and it helped sway me a little more towards AFI to hear his congratulations email and he clearly remembered me.

Now if they'd just let us know on the financial aid front... Trying to be patient given everything going on, but patience also isn't a gift I was blessed with.

That’s awesome! It’s so kind of them to reach out. And if we don’t get anything by Friday, I’m gonna call the financial aid office.

sarahkwUT

Contributor
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Yeah, has anyone here heard anything at all with regards to financial aid as yet?

Nothing yet. My portal shows me federal loan, but when I click "review letter" I have "no financial aid award available." I'm sure things are crazy for them, but it would really help me make some choices. So far the only school I have info for is Chapman which has both my federal and plus loans. And that's a big number, ha.

I did get an email about my headshot and bio though.

Nothing yet. My portal shows me federal loan, but when I click "review letter" I have "no financial aid award available." I'm sure things are crazy for them, but it would really help me make some choices. So far the only school I have info for is Chapman which has both my federal and plus loans. And that's a big number, ha.

I did get an email about my headshot and bio though.
Same! Got the email from Anna Proulx about headshots but nothing from the financial aid director yet. I'm really hoping they say something soon. Money is such a big deciding factor

Memz

Yeah, I got nothing. So no AFI for me I'm afraid. It's a bummer but I was prepared for it. Although kind of shocked so many received nothing. As an international student I can't get the loans to cover this, so it makes it kind of impossible really.

I wonder whether the current uncertainty has had an impact. I got a scholarship, sure it was smaller than I would have liked, but now realise it may have been on the higher end. Grateful nonetheless - but overall costs still pricy.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya
  • University of Texas at Austin - Department of Radio-Television-Film
    4.00 star(s)
    Great film school outside of LA/NYC
    I would say overall UT's film school is a great choice! It is rated #11 on THR's Top Film School List in the U.S. Sure it's nowhere near LA or NY...
    • Anonymous
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Directing (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    a great decision
    Columbia College Chicago is not only one of America's best film schools it is also one of the most affordable. The program is advertised as 2...
    • Jcromwell
  • Fitchburg State University
    4.00 star(s)
    Okay School, especially for the price
    Came in as both a transfer and commuter, so my experience was really lessened by that fact. Your time and success here is really up to you...
    • Anonymous
  • SUNY Purchase - Playwriting & Screenwriting BA
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Quality Program
    I want to start off by mentioning that I came to Purchase as a transfer student from another liberal arts college and screenwriting program. This...
    • catmom