American Film Institute (AFI) - Directing Applicants 2021

fin_cinema

Check your Vimeo analytics if you posted your videos there. Got only 1 view on both my films on January 10th, so it's safe to assume folks like me won't be getting interviewed... They didn't even finish watching my "Confrontation." Guess I'm not worthy this year!

Pguillen

I got my interview notification on January 21st. I felt my stomach sink, suddenly it was real. I'm equal parts nervous and excited. Just gonna do my best and be prepared for anything.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
I got my interview notification on January 21st. I felt my stomach sink, suddenly it was real. I'm equal parts nervous and excited. Just gonna do my best and be prepared for anything.
Good luck! Be sure to add your application to our database. :)

Isthison?

What makes you say that?
I am in the same place with no interview yet. Without wanting to lie to myself, I can definitely identify something of a pattern in their interview "schedule", but this is an unprecedented time - so who knows if it has had an effect. That being said, the effect it has potentially had is probably not too dramatic

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous
  • USC School of Cinematic Arts (BA/BFA)
    5.00 star(s)
    A Journey Most Illuminating
    I started my USC adventure as a Theatre major. I quickly discovered that I needed to change paths, and film had always been of interest. I thought...
    • JHD
  • London Film School (LFS) - Directing Summer School with Udayan Prasad
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Filmmaking Intensive, Though Pricey
    I attended this summer program in 2019. I wanted to try out directing in an environment where I would get feedback on my work and where I could...
    • llueve
  • Northwestern University - School of Communication
    4.00 star(s)
    Good for film theory, not so much for production
    *Please take this with a grain of salt, as I went to NU over a decade ago. While I was there: Classes in film theory and screenwriting were great...
    • Anonymous
  • Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya

Latest Accepted Applications