American Film Institute (AFI) - Directing Applicants 2021

fin_cinema

Check your Vimeo analytics if you posted your videos there. Got only 1 view on both my films on January 10th, so it's safe to assume folks like me won't be getting interviewed... They didn't even finish watching my "Confrontation." Guess I'm not worthy this year!

Pguillen

I got my interview notification on January 21st. I felt my stomach sink, suddenly it was real. I'm equal parts nervous and excited. Just gonna do my best and be prepared for anything.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
I got my interview notification on January 21st. I felt my stomach sink, suddenly it was real. I'm equal parts nervous and excited. Just gonna do my best and be prepared for anything.
Good luck! Be sure to add your application to our database. :)

Isthison?

What makes you say that?
I am in the same place with no interview yet. Without wanting to lie to myself, I can definitely identify something of a pattern in their interview "schedule", but this is an unprecedented time - so who knows if it has had an effect. That being said, the effect it has potentially had is probably not too dramatic

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest Articles