American Film Institute (AFI) - Directing Applicants 2021

runningupthathill

Supporter
I did, yes. I emailed Jill and asked her for my interviewers’ email addresses. She responded telling me they don’t disclose them, but that she’d be happy to forward my thank you note to them. So I wrote a quick letter to my interviewers and sent them to Jill! So you could skip the intermediate step and just ask Jill to forward your note to your interviewers directly
That’s so helpful, thank you!

I did, yes. I emailed Jill and asked her for my interviewers’ email addresses. She responded telling me they don’t disclose them, but that she’d be happy to forward my thank you note to them. So I wrote a quick letter to my interviewers and sent them to Jill! So you could skip the intermediate step and just ask Jill to forward your note to your interviewers directly
Were we all suppose to send a Thank you note? :eek: I was going to but I wasn't sure if it was a thing so I didn't rip..

Were we all suppose to send a Thank you note? :eek: I was going to but I wasn't sure if it was a thing so I didn't rip..
It's always a nice bonus if you send it shortly afterwards but I doubt it'll be held against you if you didn't

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
👀

Does anyone know how many people they usually accept from their interview numbers? 😳 like do they interview around the amount of people they accept?
Oh and does anyone know when on monday they send out the updates lool, would it be straight at 12am on March 15th or like a throughout the day situation 👀🤔

Latest Accepted Applications

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Brooklyn College (CUNY) Feirstein - MFA in Cinematography
    1.00 star(s)
    A Mess
    It took me a while to write this review but when I saw there were none from current students I felt it was important to do so. I came to Feirstein...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Undergraduate Film & Television
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a great time here but that was back in the late 90s
    I loved NYU. I was a pre-med student who transferred in 1999 and graduated 2001. I received two scholarships, multiple grants and loans. They had...
    • anniewaits
  • Boston University - College of Communication (M.F.A. Screenwriting)
    4.00 star(s)
    Screenwriting Program Review by a Second Year Student
    Current student in the screenwriting MFA program at BU. There’s a lot to love in this program, I think overall it is one of the more underrated...
    • Cody Young
  • Hofstra University - Department of Radio, Television, Film
    5.00 star(s)
    Quality Facilities, Caring Professors
    Great school that prepares you for the New York film and television scene. The facilities are state of the art and the teachers are top notch.
    • joekgilberto
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications