Any tips for getting into the UCLA film school (1 Viewer)

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Although it's for USC, it all pretty much applies for your Application to UCLA:

How to get Into USC Film School: An Interview With an SCA Admissions Committee Member

How to get Into USC Film School: An Interview With an SCA Admissions Committee Member

Considered by many to be the best film school in the world, it’s no wonder why the USC School of Cinematic Arts (SCA) is so sought after by prospective undergraduate and graduate students alike. However, the film school’s prestige can often make the application process particularly stressful and...

Enjoy!

JLWilco

I've heard nothing but good things about Bill McDonald, but tbh you probably don't want to choose UCLA for film school.

I'm a recent Screenwriting MFA grad from UCLA, and my program was so fraught with what can be politely described as "issues" that I got in touch with an editor at the Daily Bruin. I helped him with sources at the film school and he wrote an article about what he found out.

While half the article covers the Screenwriting program, the other focuses on the undergrad program. It's probably something you should read:

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

A248
Views
Reaction score
An exploration of the history and modern day importance of postcards.
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
PROD 670
Film Type
Thesis Film
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
17:31
Film Completion
May 1, 2021
A248
Views
Reaction score
In the midst of a global pandemic, a very paranoid vampire orders contactless food delivery.
Film Program
Course
PROD 685
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Comedy
Duration/Running Time
1:24
Film Completion
Aug 1, 2020
Colella612
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reaction score
Reviews
Questions
After the light bulb on her film projector burns out, an elderly woman must confront a nightmarish world as well as the trauma of her past as she seeks to find a replacement before her memories are lost forever.
Film Program
Course
Directing Short Film II: Visual Story
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Drama
Duration/Running Time
5:58
Film Completion
May 3, 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications