Anyone know how many transfers get interviewed by UCLA?

Hi, so I got an email the other day from UCLA saying I have an interview which is super exciting!! I’ve been trying to figure out how many people get this chance? Is it like top 50? I’ve been trying to search all over but I couldn’t say for sure.

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
UCLA
congrats @northernghost! are you interviewed for the film program specifically? i don't know much about the undergraduate film program, but I know there aren't many freshman film and tv majors (maybe two dozen total?). So I'm guessing there aren't many transfers either. Good luck!

congrats @northernghost! are you interviewed for the film program specifically? i don't know much about the undergraduate film program, but I know there aren't many freshman film and tv majors (maybe two dozen total?). So I'm guessing there aren't many transfers either. Good luck!
thank you! and yes, for the film and television, b.a program. i hope that’s the case, i’ve been searching everywhere for any sign of anyone else going for an interview but nada. i know you said you’re not very familiar with the undergrad program, but do you know how many people are accepted each year? i’m never really sure, i always see a different answer everytime ?

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
thank you! and yes, for the film and television, b.a program. i hope that’s the case, i’ve been searching everywhere for any sign of anyone else going for an interview but nada. i know you said you’re not very familiar with the undergrad program, but do you know how many people are accepted each year? i’m never really sure, i always see a different answer everytime ?
Are you transferring in as a sophomore?

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Here are some old transfer threads I found:

Here are some old transfer threads I found:

oh wow! thank you so much!!

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
UCLA
For currently freshman film and tv majors there may be about two dozen. It's a small group. I don't know how many interviews / acceptances that means or what the # is for transfers, but good luck!

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21