Implemented Application Tracker Improvements

Chris W

The night was sultry...
Staff member
I've added a general "Application Materials Description" to the tracker as I think it will be helpful to other people to see a general description of what people submitted. What writing prompts they chose or what portfolio option they did... Etc...
(This would only visible to site members and not public web)

Screenshot_20201119-155158.png

If you have feedback on this feature or have any other ideas on how to improve the Application Tracker Database please let me know.

If you have already added your Application this cycle please edit it to provide this new info when you can.

Sample application with new field in use is here:

That's also a good application to see all the different data that you can add to the tracker. :) Suggestions for improvements are ALWAYS welcome!

Thank you!

Thanks to a recommendation by @sgeorgiev I've added a Scholarship Awarded field in the tracker.

This is if you are accepted and want to share if you were awarded scholarship money and how much.

You can be as specific or general as you like.

Screenshot_20201120-201214.png

If you have an application on the site from last year and you were accepted and awarded scholarship info it'd be awesome if you could update your application with that info. :)

Added video submission portfolio URL field of your want to share.

You could share your portfolio URL before (and many people have) but this is just a note obvious place to put it.

Last edited:
BUG FIX: I just realized there was an error where it out wouldn't let you enter your TOEFL score. This has been fixed.

FEATURE UPDATE:

Also the view for non-Supporting Members has improved so you know better what is included in the application if you do decide to become a Supporting Member.

Non Supporting Members now see this in list view:

notsupporting.jpg

If the data is blurred out it means the data has been entered and you'll be able to see it if you are a Supporting Member.

And Supporting Members see this:

supporting.jpg

The TOEFL score will also now show in the above list view if it is in the system.

Last edited:
Added IELTS data field for those score results. If you've already added your application and you'd like to include this score to help others please edit it to add the info.

If there's anything else you think I should add as a field in the database please let me know.

Just updated the recently added "Latest Accepted Applications" widget to include dates and GPA info. :)

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.12.44 PM.png

Redid the portfolio field so people can specify what type of portfolio they are attaching:

• Portfolio
  • Personal Statement
  • Writing Samples
  • Visual Samples (Stills)
  • Visual Samples (Video)
  • Short Film
  • Resume
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 2.48.40 PM.png

If there should be another option please let me know. :)

Only 9 more applications and we'll beat last year's number. I think we'll surpass it though.

Only 9 more applications and we'll beat last year's number. I think we'll surpass it though.
We've officially passed last year's amount of applications in the database. You guys rock! Keep them coming! Keep adding them even if you were denied or waitlisted.

The more data we have the more accurate our information will be in our new Acceptance Data tabs.

Added an "Add Application" button to home page and beneath each post to help people find out how to add their application. :)

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 2.11.20 PM.png
For up to date Acceptance Data, Minimum GPA, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptances, Film Experience, Age, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the new Acceptance Data tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:

Add your Application to our database to improve the site's acceptance data.

Last edited:
Added new Interview, Scholarship, and Decisions sections as well as cleaned up how the custom fields display on the page.

See the new sections in the Example Application:

Admitted (w/o Interview)  SAMPLE MFA Application 2019

This is a sample to show you how to enter your application into the Film School Application Database and Tracker. MOST OF WHAT YOU POST IN YOUR APPLICATION IS HIDDEN FROM THE GENERAL WEB AND ONLY VISIBLE TO SITE MEMBERS. Any files you attach will also ONLY be accessible to site members. NOT...

Updated Undergraduate Film Degree field from a Yes/No to a selection of majors.

Please update your application with the correct field of study. I'll be updating some as well based on info provided in text based degree field.

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 12.20.34 PM.png

I've also updated the Film Experience field to be more than just a Yes/No.

Now it is:

• No Film Experience (previous No option)
  • Limited Experience
  • Moderate Experience (previous Yes option)
  • Extensive Experience

Please update your applications with the new choices. :)

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 5.34.47 PM.png

I've fully converted the old data with the older applications so now we can have cool graphs like this:

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 7.36.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 7.31.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 7.30.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 7.30.18 PM.png

Read more here:

Your Chances of Getting into Film School: Acceptance Rates, GPA Requirements, Waitlist Data, and More...

Your Chances of Getting into Film School: Acceptance Rates, GPA Requirements, Waitlist Data, and More...

You've been wondering how hard it is to get into film school and what your are chances getting into top film programs such as USC. Maybe you’ve heard that their acceptance rate is 2% — but what is it, really? You've been wondering what is the lowest GPA a film program will accept and what is the...

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back