• THANKSGIVING WEEK LIFETIME SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP SALE: If you are finding FilmSchool.org helpful, consider becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $16! (20% off) by entering the coupon code THANKS. Coupon expires Sunday 11/29 at midnight PST.

Asking for critique for 2021 USC SCA production MFA application

zzhang

Hi everybody. Hope everyone is well during the pandemic.
My name is Peter and I'm applying for usc sca's mfa production spring admission.
I finished the first draft of my PS and if anyone is interested to give a critique, please do! :D

acsiv

Supporter
Hey Pete, I've written my fair share of personal statements and would be happy to take a look if it's not too late !

Santosh

Supporter
Hi everybody. Hope everyone is well during the pandemic.
My name is Peter and I'm applying for usc sca's mfa production spring admission.
I finished the first draft of my PS and if anyone is interested to give a critique, please do! :D
I will be happy to share my thought !!!

Frankie Bones

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks, Chris! Sounds good.

And my offer to the OP still stands, although I think that (me giving feedback on something that he can't change) could possibly lead to more mental anguish than would be beneficial at this point :).

A bonus tip for mental sanity: Once your application is in, completely put it out of your mind! Otherwise, you will drive yourself partly crazy (like I did), wondering "should I have added this, or that?" Just let go and let God, as they say!

Rabia

Hey Pete, I've written my fair share of personal statements and would be happy to take a look if it's not too late !
Hey. Would you willing to take a look at mine? This is the first time I'm applying for an international program. I have no.idea what I'm doing.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Northwestern University - School of Communication
    4.00 star(s)
    Good for film theory, not so much for production
    *Please take this with a grain of salt, as I went to NU over a decade ago. While I was there: Classes in film theory and screenwriting were great...
    • Anonymous
  • Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya
  • University of Texas at Austin - Department of Radio-Television-Film
    4.00 star(s)
    Great film school outside of LA/NYC
    I would say overall UT's film school is a great choice! It is rated #11 on THR's Top Film School List in the U.S. Sure it's nowhere near LA or NY...
    • Anonymous
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Directing (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    a great decision
    Columbia College Chicago is not only one of America's best film schools it is also one of the most affordable. The program is advertised as 2...
    • Jcromwell
  • Fitchburg State University
    4.00 star(s)
    Okay School, especially for the price
    Came in as both a transfer and commuter, so my experience was really lessened by that fact. Your time and success here is really up to you...
    • Anonymous