Associates Degree? Colorado Film School

filmcurious

Supporter+
Looking for a cost-conscious undergrad program and came across the associates degree program at Colorado Film school in Denver.

I'm curious about the program, in particular, but also, has anyone here had experience with transferring from a community college with an associates to a BA/BS/BFA film program?

Thanks in advance.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
That's a good question. Only 5 more years until my oldest will be going to college too. 😬

Here are the old threads about transfers:

(I used advanced search, titles only, results as threads, min replies 2)

Advanced search is awesome.

Unfortunately I don't see many posts on colorado film school though.

BUT.... There is a review for it in our film school database. :)

Colorado Film School

Colorado Film School

Located in Denver, Colorado Film School has been identified by International Cinematographers Guild (ICG) Magazine as one of the "superlative" film programs in the nation. Hollywood Reporter recently named CFS as one the top 25 film schools in the world.

filmcurious

Supporter+
Thank you for this. My son is smarter than I am and actually follows my advice so he will probably reach out to the school directly and ask to be put in touch with graduates of the program who have transferred elsewhere, as well as anyone else he can speak to!

It's so challenging during the Covid-era for prospective students to get a sense of schools without being able to connect in-person, tour facilities, etc. But we talked about it this morning and my son said that he was going to focus on building a LIFE of which school would be a part -- an important part, but only a part. Right now he loves editing, but he's 17, so he's going to check out this program and others and see what seems both reasonably priced and also like it could be part of a life chapter he's excited about.

If we learn more about the program I'll report back.

Thanks!

filmcurious

Supporter+
Reporting back! We toured the facility and it looks pretty great. (Tons of brand-new equipment, upgrades, etc.) They are in the process of revamping the program which is accredited through Aurora (Denver) Community College. It's a three-year track to an associate's degree with tons of hands-on experience. I probably wouldn't recommend it for a younger student who needs a lot of scaffolding / hand-holding, or for those who need a name-brand credential. Maybe not for those who are more academically-minded, either. But it seems like a good option and great value for students who are focused want to get right to work. That's my impression from the tour, anyway.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Reporting back! We toured the facility and it looks pretty great. (Tons of brand-new equipment, upgrades, etc.) They are in the process of revamping the program which is accredited through Aurora (Denver) Community College. It's a three-year track to an associate's degree with tons of hands-on experience. I probably wouldn't recommend it for a younger student who needs a lot of scaffolding / hand-holding, or for those who need a name-brand credential. Maybe not for those who are more academically-minded, either. But it seems like a good option and great value for students who are focused want to get right to work. That's my impression from the tour, anyway.
Awesome. Thanks for sharing! Can you review it on this page here too:

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications