Boston University MFA Screenwriting 2020

mjweerts

UCLA
I want someone to come on here and talk about BU with me so badly. I can't wait three months. Everyday I come on here and check the BU thread, even though I know a notification will come through if someone posts. Don't worry, future BU classmates, I'll keep this thread warm for us.

DylanJ

I want someone to come on here and talk about BU with me so badly. I can't wait three months. Everyday I come on here and check the BU thread, even though I know a notification will come through if someone posts. Don't worry, future BU classmates, I'll keep this thread warm for us.
Hello!

I still havent submitted my application, but I'm almost there! Just need to set aside some time to record the video component, and compile my best two screenwriting works. Thanks for starting the thread! (and keeping it warm lol)

mjweerts

UCLA
Hello!

I still havent submitted my application, but I'm almost there! Just need to set aside some time to record the video component, and compile my best two screenwriting works. Thanks for starting the thread! (and keeping it warm lol)
So glad you're here! Good luck finishing everything up.

dorkydiana

LMU
just submitted mine ?? i was hesitant to do so and then i received an email today saying they changed things up and their last semester will be in LA which is exciting so i just went forth and submitted

mjweerts

UCLA
My partner didn't want me going back and forth from Boston to LA, which I totally understand as I'm a little bit older and we're about to try to have a baby, so I had to withdraw my application. Good luck everyone!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Congrats on the baby! EDIT - I mean good luck with the baby. :) Yes that would make going cross country hard.

Last edited:

DylanJ

Omg I literally was so nervous about getting it in on time. Literally submitted at 11:47 p.m. Feb 1st 😅 I feel like extending the deadline and dropping the news about LA are both tough looks. Doesn't seem to reflect the organization I'd hope to see from such a well-respected institution. Also - will definitely delay any news on decisions

gabrielart

Omg I literally was so nervous about getting it in on time. Literally submitted at 11:47 p.m. Feb 1st 😅 I feel like extending the deadline and dropping the news about LA are both tough looks. Doesn't seem to reflect the organization I'd hope to see from such a well-respected institution. Also - will definitely delay any news on decisions
Same here. That extra month would’ve been priceless.

I called and they said that admission news will be notified by mid-March and that even if you apply past that new date, you would get considered for a scholarship. That’s unfair to people who submitted by the 1st.

DylanJ

Same here. That extra month would’ve been priceless.

I called and they said that admission news will be notified by mid-March and that even if you apply past that new date, you would get considered for a scholarship. That’s unfair to people who submitted by the 1st.
That does seem really unfair to the applicants who got in their applications for the first deadline. I hope that's something they will consider when they make scholarship decisions. That's also not the original message. The priority deadline was meant to give those early submitters "priority" consideration.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Congrats! That's awesome! See this thread for info on how to get the BU badge and access to the private BU forums (or any other school you are accepted to):

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21