Boston University Screenwriting 2019

Cody Young

Tattoo/Film Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey everyone,

Figured I would make a thread for Boston University’s (BU) screenwriting MFA for 2019. I haven’t heard anything yet in regards to acceptance or interviews (from what I gather the program doesn’t interview), but last year people started to hear back around this time of year with decision notices.

Plus this takes my mind off waiting for USC :)

Anyone else waiting on Boston?

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
I went to BU as undergrad when Geller was in the screenwriting program but I don't think he's there anymore.

Cody Young

Tattoo/Film Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Glad I’m not the only one who applied to Boston on this site! I know it isn’t the most popular of film schools according to many people but I think it’s a solid school.

biacelani

Yeah, same here! I used to live in Boston when I was little and took a sitcom writing class last year at BU during their Summer Term. That's pretty much what made me apply. The class was really great and the professor was super encouraging.

d890

I actually emailed them last week as they're rolling admissions and they asked that I wait 4-8 weeks for a decision. I wonder if they meant from the time of applying or from when I emailed them. 🤔

Cody Young

Tattoo/Film Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I actually emailed them last week as they're rolling admissions and they asked that I wait 4-8 weeks for a decision. I wonder if they meant from the time of applying or from when I emailed them. 🤔
That’s interesting. I remember reading on their website that applications submitted before February 1st were given priority over the rolling application deadline submissions and that accepted students would find out their status by March so as to be able to attend the accepted students event that occurs this month. Not really counting on Boston all that much, but it would certainly be a weight off my mind, seeing as the wait for all these other applications is killing me, killing me oh so slowly :)

d890

That’s interesting. I remember reading on their website that applications submitted before February 1st were given priority over the rolling application deadline submissions and that accepted students would find out their status by March so as to be able to attend the accepted students event that occurs this month. Not really counting on Boston all that much, but it would certainly be a weight off my mind, seeing as the wait for all these other applications is killing me, killing me oh so slowly :)
yes I can really relate!

Manwitch

Thanks! Yeah I got an email today at 5:14. It congratulates you and explains the process of accepting the offer.

Cody Young

Tattoo/Film Enthusiast
Supporting Member

Cody Young

Tattoo/Film Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey everyone, I just got my acceptance offer in my email, scholarship info too! This is certainly a weight off my shoulders!

KaturdayNighFever

Hey everyone, long time lurker first time poster. I too just received an acceptance email from BU with scholarship! Also be sure to check spam/ junk folders because mine was sent there for some reason and I almost didn't see it. Congrats to everyone already accepted and good luck to those still waiting.

d890

wow I was just reading these acceptances and then checked my email after not opening it for a while, and i got accepted as well!!!! With scholarships too! eeeek
What kind of scholarship did you guys get? Dean's?

Latest Applications

Latest reviews