• IT'S HAPPENING! Celebrate interview season by becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $15! (25% off) by entering the coupon code "ITSHAPPENING" . Thanks for being a member of the site!

Can you give thoughts about my SOP and script samples? (Application to FSU MFA)

Bernard_Shaw

Hey guys, I'm applying at FSU for an MFA in both Production and Writing. I'm incredibly nervous as I'm only applying to FSU as its the only one within my financial limitations. I live in India so film production and writing isn't really seen as a career choice but it's the one I fell in love with. I realize my visual portfolio can't compete with most of the others considering how expensive even mediocre camera equipment is in India so I really have to make an impression with my SOP and writing samples. I'd love to hear your opinions on both of them.

Attachments

• Statement of Purpose.pdf
    30.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Split.pdf
    124.8 KB · Views: 56
  • In God We Trust.pdf
    82.3 KB · Views: 41

lucychoi97

Supporter
Hi I briefly read your materials and there are few concerns to your writing samples.
They don't seem to be following the script format. I recommend using Celtx software for formatting it the right way.
Also, in Split, the pros seem too long and are hard to read. Mostly one paragraph of the pros should be about 1-3 lines, usually no longer than that. So you might wanna break them down and make them concisely as possible.
Hope it helps

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews