Chapman 2019 MFA Television Writing and Producing

BuddernScotch

I was legit considering staying in Korea Town in LA then commuting since I don't mind long drives and my car is insanley good on gas milage.. I may live in Vegas, but I grew up in DC so I'm used to a normal 30min drive taking up to three hours during rush hour lol. Also it seems like the only place I can afford are those trashy studio apartments in K-Town that have utilities included. You know...the nice stabby looking areas.
But Korean food is so good. 🤷‍♀️

alanray

Me, an OC resident, scoffing at the use of the word "ghetto" to refer to any part of Anaheim. It's not Ana-crime like it used to be, y'all. 😂 Especially if you look by the Arts District. It's bougie af over there now (but also, the best little nightlife hub there with the Packing House and several microbreweries in the area).

Anyway, hi, screenwriting applicant crashing your party. How's it going?
Ay I live out here too lol. Some parts of Anaheim are shitty 😂

kreativesoul

Congrats! So excited for you!

etotheliz

Congrats! What time were you notified and was it via email?
It was actually back on March 1 around noon (est). I got an email saying my Admission Decision was available. Clicked the link and saw confetti!
I just recently found this forum and wanted to post in hopes of meeting other people in my class ☺

alanray

Well since there's no specific thread for Screenwriting for some reason, I'll just post in TV writing lol... I am glad to say that I have been accepted to Chapman for Screenwriting! I am pretty excited, I live like 15 minutes from this school. Seeing everyone else getting acceptances and not me bummed me out a bit, but now I get to join in on the fun :) all of you should start getting letters very soon! I heard they are coming out in bunches now. I hope many of you get in, good luck to all!

yisiling

Well since there's no specific thread for Screenwriting for some reason, I'll just post in TV writing lol... I am glad to say that I have been accepted to Chapman for Screenwriting! I am pretty excited, I live like 15 minutes from this school. Seeing everyone else getting acceptances and not me bummed me out a bit, but now I get to join in on the fun :) all of you should start getting letters very soon! I heard they are coming out in bunches now. I hope many of you get in, good luck to all!
Congrats!

alanray

kreativesoul

Congratulations!!

WriterK90

Supporting Member
Is it weird that no one has heard anything from the TV Writing and Producing MFA except for one person back on March 1st? Or has others just not report here? There's quite a few that applied so it's just odd. Last year I think they sent out Decisions March 20 or 22nd at the latest.

Last edited:

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW