Chapman 2019 MFA Television Writing and Producing

It is weird that no one has heard anything from the TV Writing and Producing MFA except for one person back on March 1st? Or has others just not report here? There's quite a few that applied so it's just odd. Last year I think they sent out Decisions March 20 or 22nd at the latest.
I applied for film and tv producing and emailed admissions on Monday, and they told me decisions for that program are being released on a rolling basis and that I should know by the end of April (which is such a long wait but anyway lol). Maybe the same thing is happening with TV writing and producing.

WriterK90

Supporting Member
I applied for film and tv producing and emailed admissions on Monday, and they told me decisions for that program are being released on a rolling basis and that I should know by the end of April (which is such a long wait but anyway lol). Maybe the same thing is happening with TV writing and producing.
Yeah they said the same to me via email. It felt like a very automated response which I have learned not to take too seriously. lol But Since so few have hard anything, looks like it will be an odd April decision date.

irickardow101

It is weird that no one has heard anything from the TV Writing and Producing MFA except for one person back on March 1st? Or has others just not report here? There's quite a few that applied so it's just odd. Last year I think they sent out Decisions March 20 or 22nd at the latest.

Yes, I don't think they've sent anything out. I called two days ago and they told me that they are sending admissions by programs. And for this program, we may be waiting till mid-April.

Isabehl

Supporting Member
I never really thought about it before, but now that I'm waiting I'm wondering (haha)... does rolling basis mean they're trickling out notifications just as a preferred method for internal reasons (like maybe to ease the flow of calls of questions from admitted students, etc)... or is this a way to sort of combat sending out a bunch of waitlist emails by instead waiting for 2 week commitment deadlines to pass and then being able to offer those spots to waiting students outright?

I never really thought about it before, but now that I'm waiting I'm wondering (haha)... does rolling basis mean they're trickling out notifications just as a preferred method for internal reasons (like maybe to ease the flow of calls of questions from admitted students, etc)... or is this a way to sort of combat sending out a bunch of waitlist emails by instead waiting for 2 week commitment deadlines to pass and then being able to offer those spots to waiting students outright?
Your guess is as good as mine lol but I've been thinking about it as well. And i thought it had something to do with letting the 2 week commitment deadlines pass. But I'm not entirely sure since it doesn't really seem like they've accepted anyone since mid march, so most of the 2 week commitments should have already passed leaving seats open and yet I don't think anyone has heard anything.

ElleGee

Supporting Member
Good luck to everyone who’s waiting!

IndecisiveElle

Contributor
Supporting Member
I’ve tried to join this group a few times but it won’t let me
I have not gotten a request from you but it looks like you have an invite to join. It should be in your messages.

I've been approving every request several times a week, but am trying to find an incoming student who can also moderate and approve requests too.

ElleGee

Supporting Member

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
I was getting an error message about being a supporting member to join. But I’m in now! :)
Ok. That's strange. Let me check that. You don't need to be a Supporting Member to join a group although I appreciate the support.

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
I was getting an error message about being a supporting member to join. But I’m in now! :)
I fixed the error. That error was supposed to be for a different site feature I believe.

ElleGee

Supporting Member
I fixed the error. That error was supposed to be for a different site feature I believe.
No worries! Happy to support!

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
FYI there's a Producer's Group just like the active Screenwriting Group.

Join and join the discussion:

Producers Group

Latest Applications

Latest reviews