• THANKSGIVING WEEK LIFETIME SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP SALE: If you are finding FilmSchool.org helpful, consider becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $16! (20% off) by entering the coupon code THANKS. Coupon expires Sunday 11/29 at midnight PST.

Chapman 2020 - TV Writing & Producing

sarahkwUT

Contributor
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Didn't see a thread on this, but saw several applications in the tracker so I figured I'd start one!

I got an interview request late this afternoon - I know Chapman said late April for notifications, so I was pleasantly surprised to see an invitation.

JRome

I got a request today, too, and I'll be having my interview next week! I was also shocked by how early they're sending out requests. Definitely a way to end my night.

I wish you the best of luck on yours :)

sarahkwUT

Contributor
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
I’m feeling a bit nervous, especially since I’ve never done a school interview before, but I’m excited! I’ve got a list of questions and other notes that I’m sure will help. And you?

Not too nervous at present, but I feel a little "blind" - hoping for a bit more information from them ahead of the interview!

sarahkwUT

Contributor
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Had my interview today - went really well I think. Conversational, learned a lot about them, their program. I think we may have talked just as much about the program as they did about me.

JRome

Had my interview today - went really well I think. Conversational, learned a lot about them, their program. I think we may have talked just as much about the program as they did about me.
That’s great! I had mine yesterday and it sounded pretty similar to yours. One of their questions was legitimately what shows I’ve seen lately, which then prompted a five minute conversation about Grace and Frankie lol so overall pretty good too.

sarahkwUT

Contributor
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
For those that have interviews already. Did you do it in person or over Skype? And who did you interview with?

I had mine over Skype as well - I'm in North Carolina. I interviewed with Jill and... totally blanking on his name and can't figure it out from the website, but he was the chair of the program.

manifesttheemmy

Thank you so much for remembering! I have updates for you guys. So, yes, I had my interview yesterday and both of my interviewers were professors at Chapman. They did ask me questions like "why Chapman?" and what shows were you watching?" (you guys were right!) and it was overall a pretty relaxed conversation. I came in with a lot of questions and e had a lot to talk about, so we almost went over time. 30 minutes goes by very quickly, guys, so if you're worried about the length of time, it zooms by. Also, I would say be ove rprepared and make sure you talk about the importance of creating interesting characters in your scripts. I think that will go over well.

Hey y’all, still haven’t heard back... but just noticed when I logged in to the application portal I now have a disclaimer about a deposit to hold my spot once I know about admission - the wording was super confusing?? And would they post that if I didn’t get in? So odd.

sarahkwUT

Contributor
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Hey y’all, still haven’t heard back... but just noticed when I logged in to the application portal I now have a disclaimer about a deposit to hold my spot once I know about admission - the wording was super confusing?? And would they post that if I didn’t get in? So odd.

Checked mine and that same note is there! It wasn't earlier today. Guessing that means... IN?

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya
  • University of Texas at Austin - Department of Radio-Television-Film
    4.00 star(s)
    Great film school outside of LA/NYC
    I would say overall UT's film school is a great choice! It is rated #11 on THR's Top Film School List in the U.S. Sure it's nowhere near LA or NY...
    • Anonymous
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Directing (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    a great decision
    Columbia College Chicago is not only one of America's best film schools it is also one of the most affordable. The program is advertised as 2...
    • Jcromwell
  • Fitchburg State University
    4.00 star(s)
    Okay School, especially for the price
    Came in as both a transfer and commuter, so my experience was really lessened by that fact. Your time and success here is really up to you...
    • Anonymous
  • SUNY Purchase - Playwriting & Screenwriting BA
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Quality Program
    I want to start off by mentioning that I came to Purchase as a transfer student from another liberal arts college and screenwriting program. This...
    • catmom