• THANKSGIVING WEEK LIFETIME SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP SALE: If you are finding FilmSchool.org helpful, consider becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $16! (20% off) by entering the coupon code THANKS. Coupon expires Sunday 11/29 at midnight PST.

Chapman 2020 - TV Writing & Producing

Hey y’all, still haven’t heard back... but just noticed when I logged in to the application portal I now have a disclaimer about a deposit to hold my spot once I know about admission - the wording was super confusing?? And would they post that if I didn’t get in? So odd.

I applied for screenwriting but I got the deposit message, too! 😲 Chapman, explain yourself?!

sarahkwUT

Contributor
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Got the fancy email! I'm holding off on accepting/declining as I have other acceptances and I'm waiting to hear from AFI today or Monday - happy to have decisions to make though!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Just got the email - I got in!

Hope you got a happy email too!
Waitlisted! Oh my god I can’t believe this is happening! 😊😭
Congrats everyone! If you want the Chapman badge and access to the private Chapman forum (which was quite active last year) see this thread here:

sarahkwUT

Contributor
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
EXCITED about my acceptance into Chapman U's MFA in Television Writing & Producing program Fall 2020.
NOT EXCITED about finding a way to pay the $1000 Enrollment Deposit!

Oh my...

$1,000 seems to be the going rate - save for USC which is shockingly $300. The idea of deposits is so odd to me. I didn't put a deposit down to hold my undergrad seat. But when I was accepted to an MBA program I ultimately turned down, it was a $2500 deposit (and a REALLY high price tag!)

JRome

Does anybody know how long you have to respond to the waitlist offer before it’s no longer valid? I just don’t want to lose the opportunity, but I’m not sure if the other schools are done with their acceptances yet, especially with what’s happening and all.

JRome

Does anybody know how long you have to respond to the waitlist offer before it’s no longer valid? I just don’t want to lose the opportunity, but I’m not sure if the other schools are done with their acceptances yet, especially with what’s happening and all.
Never mind! I called and they said there’s no time limit, but they’d prefer it as soon as possible. :)

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member

SitcomFan

What’s been your favorite and least favorite class?

Do you have a favorite professor?

How many scripts have you completed?

Do you work with others to write or are you writing on your own and then workshopping together?

How has online learning been?

Have you don’t any production class yet?

What is the work load like the first year?

Thanks for doing this!

JRome

Hey, all! So I was notified a few days ago that I have been accepted off the waitlist. So if anyone is still holding out, it's definitely possible :) (Although I am contemplating deferring till next year. Life is just too crazy at the moment)

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya
  • University of Texas at Austin - Department of Radio-Television-Film
    4.00 star(s)
    Great film school outside of LA/NYC
    I would say overall UT's film school is a great choice! It is rated #11 on THR's Top Film School List in the U.S. Sure it's nowhere near LA or NY...
    • Anonymous
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Directing (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    a great decision
    Columbia College Chicago is not only one of America's best film schools it is also one of the most affordable. The program is advertised as 2...
    • Jcromwell
  • Fitchburg State University
    4.00 star(s)
    Okay School, especially for the price
    Came in as both a transfer and commuter, so my experience was really lessened by that fact. Your time and success here is really up to you...
    • Anonymous
  • SUNY Purchase - Playwriting & Screenwriting BA
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Quality Program
    I want to start off by mentioning that I came to Purchase as a transfer student from another liberal arts college and screenwriting program. This...
    • catmom