Chapman Fall 2010

Maliz

I'm still waiting for an answer. The webadvisor still says file complete decision pending for the MA in Film Studies that they offered me.
I'm starting to get a little pessimistic...

Mike_V

Staff member
Chapman
good luck to all of you! I hope you guys will get some good news at some point or time this coming week!

ShizerMcDougal

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum, but I'm so happy right now because I found out yesterday that I got accepted to Chapman's MFA in Cinematography! I guess I wanted to come on here and see who else got into the same program as me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
do u have to be pay the $1,000 deposit first before Chapman can certify you as an enrolled student before the lender of the financial aid can officially approve the student loan request? can anyone confirm or verify this?

Mike_V

Staff member
Chapman
I believe you need to pay the deposit first or otherwise how is the financial aid lender know which school you're going to.

Originally posted by Mike_V:
I believe you need to pay the deposit first or otherwise how is the financial aid lender know which school you're going to.
but isn't what the lender need to verify from the school is if the student is accepted? oh well, I guess I need to check with Chapman, lol.

Mike_V

Staff member
Chapman
sorry I couldn't be much help. But yeah, give Chapman a call and they'll probably be able to answer all your questions regarding the prickly thing that is financial aid.
btw I would think you need to atleast have you deposit in before they approve you since you can still reject a school's acceptance even if you got in.

DJ

Chapman
Has anyone gotten their schedule for the fall yet? I'm in the producing program, and I keep calling about the schedules and they keep telling me they'll be posted on WebAdvisor that same day and never are.

Also, has anyone gotten any information about summer reading/film viewing? I was told there was a list sent before last year.

ShizerMcDougal

Yep, I got my schedule earlier today! I'm in the MFA cinematography program and I got Bill Dill, Jurg Walther, Paul Wolansky and Gil Bettman.

I heard a tiny bit about Bill Dill but the others I don't know anything about....Can anybody give me a little 411 on them?

Silverlenz

So I got an email today from Chapman's admission office saying that I was accepted and that a letter of acceptance would be following shortly. I guess better late than never. Oh yeah and the email stated that I would be required to pay the 1,000 deposit. Wow you would think they could at least waive the deposit for taking their sweet time to get back to me.

SilverLenz

Mike_V

Staff member
Chapman
@ ShizerMcDougal:
Bill Dill is practically the posterchild of Kodak. He is a brilliant teacher but he is also one that will tear you apart if you are not careful. He teaches well but if you don't do your best (and to perfection) he'll probably tear you in a very loving manner. Jurg is probably your production workshop professor. I know very little of him, but I hear people say he's very interesting.
Wolansky.... hahah he's a very interesting man, you should attend his class, just for the experience, but you will pick up his "quirks" real fast. He will have you watch some very interesting stuff and he is also really good for screen writings and such. His homeworks are simply 2 papers. Do not try to BS too much or he might catch it, otherwise, he's pretty interesting.
I know nothing about Gil Bettman, so goodluck with that.

@ Silverlenz
Well, you are right, better late than never. I got my application in June, but they sent it to my address in Thailand.. but apart from that, they do get quite demanding. it is kinda funny, but if you decide to come to chapman, it should be interesting.

congrats to those who got in and good luck!
btw: my facebook is filed under Mike Vayakornvichit. You are welcome to add me anytime, just note that you're from this forum or I might just ignore the invitation.

Silverlenz

Mike_V,

I decided not to take the offer from chapman. To be honest I'm a bit turned offed about how they took their time to get back to me. BTW, they are trying to pressure me to make a decision before I even get my award package. I hope someone on here gets bumped up. On a side not do you have any regrets on choosing Chapman's screenwriting program?

SilverLenz

Mike_V

Staff member
Chapman
unfortunately, I'm in the Editing program, so I would not know. I do know that my screenwriting friends are happy with their professors. I know Chapman can be stupid when it comes to mangement/admissions. I'm sorry to hear that you're not coming to Chapman especially after I've seen you so active on this forum, but that's life.
So, where have you accepted your admissions?

Silverlenz

Mike_V,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'm not worried at all. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I just hope that someone from this board gets my spot. I've actually accepted a spot @ Northwestern University for their MFA in Writing for Screen and Stage. It's a pretty new program but i'm excited about starting in the fall. I think you went to school with one of the guys I met when I visited. Do you know farhan? BTW, sorry for the mistake. I thought you were a screenwritting fellow. I guess my question should be how has your editing experience been at Chapman and do you have any regrets about coming to the school? You can pm me privately if you like.

Thanks,
SilverLenz

Silverlenz

Originally posted by notroberttowne:
I'm the resident, perpetually lurking chapman screenwriter.
Well, would you mind sharing your experience @ Chapman? You can pm if you prefer.

SilverLenz

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21