• THANKSGIVING WEEK LIFETIME SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP SALE: If you are finding FilmSchool.org helpful, consider becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $16! (20% off) by entering the coupon code THANKS. Coupon expires Sunday 11/29 at midnight PST.

Chapman Fall 2010

Mike_V

Staff member
In fact, I do know Farhan Arshad. He's a really good friend of mine. We went to Emory University together. Get to know him some, he's a really good guy!

and about the editing program, I love it. I'm learning alot. Paul Seydor is freakin awesome. His words can be as sharp as a katana made in Kyoto, but damn he is right most of the time. I was lucky enough to be able to get what I wanted at Chapman so far, so I don't regret it.
I get to meet people who love film as much or even more than I do and I also respect them for their passion.

I think I'm lucky to be here at Chapman because of the people I work with and study from.

hey NRT, I guess I'll see you in Chapman come orientation week and mixers. I don't know if you remember me, but I was in the boards at the UCLA MFA screenwriting interviews and I got rejected. I got accepted to Chapman this year for Screenwriting. BTW, my name is Anselmo.

Mike_V

Staff member
Heya everyone, I have a quick question here.
Our cycle film is looking for a Production Design emphasis student to do our PD and I'm wondering if any of those who lurk these forums and have accepted the admissions are PD students. Anyways, please email me @ mputtr@hotmail.com! Thanks!

Originally posted by Mike_V:
Heya everyone, I have a quick question here.
Our cycle film is looking for a Production Design emphasis student to do our PD and I'm wondering if any of those who lurk these forums and have accepted the admissions are PD students. Anyways, please email me @ mputtr@hotmail.com! Thanks!

go to facebook and search for Chapman Grad Accepted 2010 and request to join, all incoming first year grad students in almost all disciplines can be found there.

Chai

hello guys !
my list is like this....

Chapman
UCLA
AFI

Chapman: cost wise.. it provides the best tech. for a fairly priced course. The location.. living there i presume will be cheaper.

UCLA: the full blooded MFA in Cinematography that i am looking for... ! problem.. LA city. Expensive... positive: right inside teh city ..possibilities of maximum networking.

AFI: the mother institute, but only problem being.. that it is expensive.
i like the fact that it has a larger class.

any more info on a MFA in cinematography ???
n thanks to everyone else who shared! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

notroberttowne

It is a widely held but untrue belief that Orange is cheaper than LA. While it may be true that living within walking distance of Chapman may be very, very slightly less expensive than living the same distance from UCLA (that's westwood after all), the cost of living is basically the same.

In fact, Santa Ana (about 3 miles from Chapman) is the most densely populated city in America and has the highest cost of living.

So don't expect to save money on cost of living in Orange County - and be aware that the cost of living in southern california is substantially higher than just about anywhere else in the country.

LA people, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the rents are pretty much the same. One person sharing a 2 bedroom apartment will pay about 600-800 a month and if you want your own 1 bedroom place you're looking at 950-1150.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya
  • University of Texas at Austin - Department of Radio-Television-Film
    4.00 star(s)
    Great film school outside of LA/NYC
    I would say overall UT's film school is a great choice! It is rated #11 on THR's Top Film School List in the U.S. Sure it's nowhere near LA or NY...
    • Anonymous
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Directing (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    a great decision
    Columbia College Chicago is not only one of America's best film schools it is also one of the most affordable. The program is advertised as 2...
    • Jcromwell
  • Fitchburg State University
    4.00 star(s)
    Okay School, especially for the price
    Came in as both a transfer and commuter, so my experience was really lessened by that fact. Your time and success here is really up to you...
    • Anonymous
  • SUNY Purchase - Playwriting & Screenwriting BA
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Quality Program
    I want to start off by mentioning that I came to Purchase as a transfer student from another liberal arts college and screenwriting program. This...
    • catmom