Chapman MFA Directing Applicants 2021

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Didn't see a Chapman TV Directing thread yet so thought I'd create one.

Deadline is December 1st!

How many of you have turned it in? When do you plan on turning it in if you haven't?

I highly recommend not waiting to the last moment btw as one year technical difficulties caused someone to miss the deadline. 😬

Good luck everyone!

cgold

Supporter+
Hi everyone! I submitted my application to Chapman, and I’m wondering if anyone knows if there are interviews? If not, do you know when decisions are sent out?

autumn

i'm applying to the tv writing and production at chapman, but i saw your post and i knew where the info was on here!
i think this is up to date, but this is from another post on here with all the other chapman stats.

Chapman - Directing
  • FilmSchool.org Chapman Acceptance Rate: 52% (20 out of 38 applications)
  • Lowest Reported Minimum GPA: 3.05
  • Earliest Interview Notification Date: January 15
  • Earliest Interview Date: February 8
  • Earliest Decision Date: February 27

cgold

Supporter+
Thank you!!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
i'm applying to the tv writing and production at chapman, but i saw your post and i knew where the info was on here!
i think this is up to date, but this is from another post on here with all the other chapman stats.

Chapman - Directing
  • FilmSchool.org Chapman Acceptance Rate: 52% (20 out of 38 applications)
  • Lowest Reported Minimum GPA: 3.05
  • Earliest Interview Notification Date: January 15
  • Earliest Interview Date: February 8
  • Earliest Decision Date: February 27
Yes. The application database holds all the info. Be sure to add yours if you haven't already.

Film School MFA Acceptance Rates, Minimum GPAs, Decision Dates, and more... (UPDATED with 2020 stats)

Film School MFA Acceptance Rates, Minimum GPAs, Decision Dates, and more... (UPDATED with 2020 stats)

People often ask "What is the minimum GPA for USC film school?" Or "What is the acceptance rate of NYU film school?" The problem is that Film Schools are often very tight lipped and secret about their acceptance rates and the minimum GPAs that they accept. However thanks to the over 3,200...

cgold

Supporter+
Anyone heard anything from Chapman yet?
Not yet! I saw that the writing and producing thread had some interviews on here.

I have a friend that applied two years ago and she got in without an interview!

rainydays

Supporter+
I just got an interview request too! I didn't even know they did them actually haha. Does anyone know if they give everyone interviews, and if interviews are a good or bad sign? I'm really shocked right because I applied with no film experience lol.

Last edited:

Reelgurltx

Supporter+
Good luck!!!! I wonder how many interviews there are! Did you attend the zoom last night?

Latest Accepted Applications

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Brooklyn College (CUNY) Feirstein - MFA in Cinematography
    1.00 star(s)
    A Mess
    It took me a while to write this review but when I saw there were none from current students I felt it was important to do so. I came to Feirstein...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Undergraduate Film & Television
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a great time here but that was back in the late 90s
    I loved NYU. I was a pre-med student who transferred in 1999 and graduated 2001. I received two scholarships, multiple grants and loans. They had...
    • anniewaits
  • Boston University - College of Communication (M.F.A. Screenwriting)
    4.00 star(s)
    Screenwriting Program Review by a Second Year Student
    Current student in the screenwriting MFA program at BU. There’s a lot to love in this program, I think overall it is one of the more underrated...
    • Cody Young
  • Hofstra University - Department of Radio, Television, Film
    5.00 star(s)
    Quality Facilities, Caring Professors
    Great school that prepares you for the New York film and television scene. The facilities are state of the art and the teachers are top notch.
    • joekgilberto
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications