Chapman MFA Filmmaking

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone has ever not been admitted to their first choice program but has received admission for their second choice program?

kreativesoul

There's already a chapman thread. You'll probably get more replies in there.

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member

brothap

Supporting Member
I applied for cinematography, should I use the MFA Television Writing and Producing or will this thread stay active?

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
You can make a dedicated cinematography thread if you want. :)

brothap

Supporting Member
Ok :) I will wait a couple of weeks, from what I've read they don't do interviews for cinematography

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
Ok :) I will wait a couple of weeks, from what I've read they don't do interviews for cinematography
You could also create a general cinematography thread to find out who else is applying.

IndecisiveElle

Supporting Member
Contributor
Correct, they do not for cinematography program usually. but there are very rare exceptions.

GHY

Supporting Member
hey guys,I just got an interview appointment,btw I am applying for editing emphasis, hope the information helps

Tugger

Supporting Member
Does anyone know of how many people they typically have apply and accept for their Cinematography emphasis?

GHY

Supporting Member
Just finished my interview,I am a little bit confused,cause although it said that it's a interview and it's mandatory from the e-mail I got,but I actually talked to one of their student, a very nice girl by the way.
Anyway, she told me that this “interview” is to answer my questions. But they don't have any question for me,just let me ask her whatever I want to know.
Is that a good thing or bad? have any of you got a interview like this ?

IndecisiveElle

Supporting Member
Contributor
Just finished my interview,I am a little bit confused,cause although it said that it's a interview and it's mandatory from the e-mail I got,but I actually talked to one of their student, a very nice girl by the way.
Anyway, she told me that this “interview” is to answer my questions. But they don't have any question for me,just let me ask her whatever I want to know.
Is that a good thing or bad? have any of you got a interview like this ?
That's part of the culture at Chapman. They want to be a good fit for students as much as they want students who are a good fit for them. I found my interview to be very reciprocal that way and I loved it. They were selling Chapman to me as much as I was trying to make a good impression. I'm taking a class currently from the professor I interviewed with and we have a great relationship - faculty here treats you like adults. They expect a lot of you, but the school does everything they can to support you.

GHY

Supporting Member
That's part of the culture at Chapman. They want to be a good fit for students as much as they want students who are a good fit for them. I found my interview to be very reciprocal that way and I loved it. They were selling Chapman to me as much as I was trying to make a good impression. I'm taking a class currently from the professor I interviewed with and we have a great relationship - faculty here treats you like adults. They expect a lot of you, but the school does everything they can to support you.
So I guess it‘s a good thing after all,thank you so much!

Tugger

Supporting Member
Does anyone know when they are supposed to be releasing decisions for the television writing and producing program?
Hoping tomorrow. Couple other emphasis notifications went out last Friday. Though that is a wild guess. Fingers crossed.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW