Chapman MFA Screenwriting Applicants 2021

Chris W

The night was sultry...
Staff member
Didn't see a Chapman Screenwriting thread yet so thought I'd create one.

Deadline is December 1st!

How many of you have turned it in? When do you plan on turning it in if you haven't?

I highly recommend not waiting to the last moment btw as one year technical difficulties caused someone to miss the deadline. 😬

Good luck everyone!

Help!!! I've successfully uploaded all my documents and filled out everything. However, there seems to be a problem because I need to enter a "middle name" but I don't have a middle name lol. Anyone else experience this? I emailed Chapman yesterday and just called the Admissions Office, but they're closed today. If anything, I might just write "N/A" haha.

1606766675706.png

Help!!! I've successfully uploaded all my documents and filled out everything. However, there seems to be a problem because I need to enter a "middle name" but I don't have a middle name lol. Anyone else experience this? I emailed Chapman yesterday and just called the Admissions Office, but they're closed today. If anything, I might just write "N/A" haha.

View attachment 2011
Same thing happend to me right now, but I was able to submit the application just fine, without filling the middle name.
I'm having trouble with payment now.

Same thing happend to me right now, but I was able to submit the application just fine, without filling the middle name.
I'm having trouble with payment now.
Once you submit your application, it should take you the Chapman portal where you will see everything you've submitted. At the top, you should see PAYMENT ($60), click on that. I just made my payment. I'm officially done applying to all my MFA programs.

Good luck : )

Once you submit your application, it should take you the Chapman portal where you will see everything you've submitted. At the top, you should see PAYMENT ($60), click on that. I just made my payment. I'm officially done applying to all my MFA programs.

Good luck : )
Yes I did that....
The problem is that they ask for "account number" and, as an internation student is not working...

I'm on the phone with my bank right now trying to solve the problem

So happy that you are done with everything! I've finished AFI today as well (just have to pay now) but I still have Columbia to go (only missing the 1 page film treatment).

Good luck =D

Just checked on the status of my application and saw that Chapman failed to acknowledge one of my transcripts even though I sent it 2 months before the deadline. I sent an email to the admissions counselor including proof that I indeed sent the transcripts months ago and offered to resend transcripts again, but now I'm freaking out. Does this mean my application will be disqualified?

Just checked on the status of my application and saw that Chapman failed to acknowledge one of my transcripts even though I sent it 2 months before the deadline. I sent an email to the admissions counselor including proof that I indeed sent the transcripts months ago and offered to resend transcripts again, but now I'm freaking out. Does this mean my application will be disqualified?
No I think, don't freak out until you hear back from Admissions. You reached out, you sent in your proof -- the facts are in your favor. Give them a couple days to get back to you and chances are, it will be OK. I really believe that.

The one thing that could possibly be affected is Fellowship eligibility (it's a scholarship thing) and you can reach out to the program about that just to make sure you're still eligible. That can come after you sort the transcript issue with admissions, though.

Best of luck! I think it will be OK.

Don’t panic. It happened to me too few weeks ago and it turned out to be okay as long as you have the proof that you sent them. Just wait for their reply and it should be fine since you already sent them.

Thank you both so much for your reassurance!

I sent a screenshot of proof that I sent the transcripts a while ago, and I also re-sent the transcripts. Chapman accepted the new transcripts and said my application was fine now, so it seems they are still going to consider my application.

For anyone reading this thread in future application years, I suggest you send in your application a day before the final deadline so you have time to check the "application status" and confirm that Chapman indeed opened your transcripts-- especially if you send them digitally from a transcript serves that only allows access for a limited number of days.

Have y'all noticed that some of the other Chapman disciplines do interviews but ours apparently doesn't?
I've always wondered why that is -- why some schools have interviews only for certain disciplines... And should we feel relieved or left out...hmmmmm .....

Have y'all noticed that some of the other Chapman disciplines do interviews but ours apparently doesn't?
I've always wondered why that is -- why some schools have interviews only for certain disciplines... And should we feel relieved or left out...hmmmmm .....
Yeees, I realized the same thing!
Since I'm very anxious about the process, I'm lurking the other disciplines forums to see what people are up to and how is the process. Maybe they want to decide solemnly on our writings? Don't know hahahahaha

Personally, I feel like all schools should have an interview process. But for some odd reason, USC and Chapman don't. I know Chapman has a strong production program and a state of the art facility. I did a tour before the pandemic and it's a nice campus with lots of expensive equipment. It appears lots of film schools tend to favor filmmakers/directors over screenwriters. Curious to hear what others have to say.

Hey everyone,

Just checking in to see if you are all great, dealing with the waiting! 😄
We just coming through Feb, so I'm hoping for news in maybe... 2 and a half weeks?
I think I've spent more time on this site than actually writing. Talk about time management. THE...WAIT...IS...KILLING...ME!

Also, congrats on the Colubmia interview!!! You're 2/2! 😊

I think I've spent more time on this site than actually writing. Talk about time management. THE...WAIT...IS...KILLING...ME!

Also, congrats on the Colubmia interview!!! You're 2/2! 😊
Me too! Hahahahaha Sometimes I think that the 60 people online are actually all me hahahahaha

and thank yoooou ☺️ I’m actually mind-blown about it yet!

Ha. If you guys want something fun to pass the time here that's not as stressful we can get another screenwriting game going like those one:

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back