Chapman MFA TV Writing & Producing Applicants 2021

Do we have any idea as to how many people on the waitlist typically get in? I imagine this year there may not be any slots but here’s hoping!

Do we have any idea as to how many people on the waitlist typically get in? I imagine this year there may not be any slots but here’s hoping!
i'm thinking about emailing and asking! also to see how many people are on the waitlist so i can understand the odds haha

Hey guys!! I'm going to start a Chapman MFA Facebook page (For all people under the film MFA umbrella)!! if you're interested in being a part of the group join Chapman Off housing and comment on my post! (It's an easy post to spot, I mention that I'm going into screenwriting and a bunch of people commented their programs) So excited to meet you all!! 😁😁😁

Congrats to everyone who got in! I just checked and I'm still on the waitlist 😢

Does anyone know if that is all they are going to admit off the waitlist? Or is it still a waiting game at this point?

Be sure to update your applications on the with as much information as you have as it helps the site calculate a lot of important data for each school. See how the site uses this amazing data in the article below:

Your Chances of Getting into Film School: Acceptance Rates, GPA Requirements, Waitlist Data, and More...

Your Chances of Getting into Film School: Acceptance Rates, GPA Requirements, Waitlist Data, and More...

You've been wondering how hard it is to get into film school and what your are chances getting into top film programs such as USC. Maybe you’ve heard that their acceptance rate is 2% — but what is it, really? You've been wondering what is the lowest GPA a film program will accept and what is the...

If you could update your application with all the important notification dates, your final status (accepted, rejected, off waitlist, attending... etc), how much scholarship money was awarded (if any), your undergraduate degree, GPA, test scores etc that would be AWESOME and very helpful to the site's members. If you could update your application with examples of your submitted material that would be even more awesome.

The Acceptance Rates & Data page for each school uses all this data to help future applicants. To see the data for a particular film school, find your school in our film school database and select the Acceptance Rates & Data tab. If there are enough applications in our database, you enjoy access to valuable tips and information.

Chapman just sent me an update saying their class is full 😢

Guess I'll have to reapply again next year. Anyone else on the same boat? Or did anyone get an acceptance today?
Bummer. :( Be sure to add your Applications to our database when you can.

Good luck in the next round!

How Chapman is dealing with COVID:

How COVID-19 Changed Film School From Coast to Coast

How COVID-19 Changed Film School From Coast to Coast

Even in the days before the Delta strain wreaked havoc from coast to coast, we already knew that COVID-19 has altered the film industry — and permanently, some might argue. But it’s not just the method of film production and where films are being released that have changed. Going to film school...

In case any of you are reapplying.... We're actually interviewing Chapman Admissions the end of October. If you have any questions you'd like to ask them please respond to the thread below:

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back